- DMC Charles Craft 28-count Antique White Monaco, 15”x15”
- DMC: 6-strand Embroidery Floss, Color Variations, Memory Thread
- Backing fabric, 13”x13”
- Fiberfill stuffing or pillow form
- Embroidery needle, size 10
- Tapestry needle, size 22
- scissors, ruler or measuring tape
Cross-stitch: 2 strands
Backstitch: 1 strand
Couching Stitch: 1 strand
Pattern - Cross-Stitch Autumn Sampler Pillow
- 1. Cross-stitch design centered on fabric over two threads using two strands of embroidery floss or Color Variations floss as indicated on chart.
- 2. Backstitch design using one strand DMC 3371 Black Brown.
- 3. Following Memory Thread placement lines on chart, place length of Memory Thread on top of stitched design to estimate thread needed for each design element; add 1" to measured length and cut. Using tapestry needle, insert needle into beginning hole in cloth; gently wiggle needle to enlarge hole and insert one end of Memory Thread. Repeat process for other end.
- 4. Holding Memory Thread in place, couch it onto surface of cloth using one strand DMC 934 Black Avocado Green.
- 5. Secure Memory Thread ends on back of design with floss; clip excess threads, leaving 1/8" end pressed flat against back of design.
- 6. Trim design to 13"x13". With right sides facing, use 1/2" seam allowance to hand-sew design to backing fabric, leaving center bottom open for turning.
- 7. Turn right side out. Stuff with fiberfill or insert pillow form. Hand-sew opening closed.