Embroidered Burlap Coupon Pouch
Store your coupons in style with this beautiful handmade burlap pouch stitched with pretty, swirled embroidery. It's big enough to hold not only coupons, but also gift cards and other necessities when grocery shopping.
- Burlap, 10”x9”
- DMC Pearl Cotton, size 5, in assorted pinks and browns
- Buttons, two
- Black open-ended zipper, 8” length
- Black cotton thread
- Sewing machine and matching thread
- Embroidery needle
- Fabric stabilizer
- scissors, ruler, pins, iron and pressing surface
Pattern - Embroidered Burlap Coupon Pouch
- 1. Size is 8"x4-3/4".
- 1. Iron stabilizer to one side of burlap fabric. Cut 9-3/4"x8-3/4" rectangle from burlap. Fold and iron 1/2" along both short edges. Pin folded edge to secure.
- 2. Pull zipper apart into two pieces; machine sew one piece to each folded edge. Slot base of zipper into position and pull zipper forward 1" with stabilizer facing out. Pin and sew side seams using 3/8" seam allowance with black cotton thread.
- 3. Turn pouch right side out and iron flat.
- 4. Print out full-size pattern. Transfer pattern onto pouch. Embroider flowers on pouch with embroidery floss as indicated. Clip thread ends. Attach buttons onto flower centers.
- 1. If you don't have an open-ended zipper, cut two 4-3/4"x8-3/4" strips from burlap. Attach zipper then sew sides and base of pouch.