- DMC Charles Craft 28-count White Monaco
- DMC 6-strand Embroidery Floss
- Just Another Button Company Peas in a Pod Button (2249)
- Green print fabric: 5”x7”, 2”x36”
- Green cording, 24” length
- Green ribbon, 12” length
- Fiberfill, small amount
- Sewing machine and needle
- scissors, ruler or measuring tape, needle, straight pins, iron and pressing board
Cross-stitch: 2 strands
Backstitch: 1 strand
French Knot: 1 strand (wrapped two times)
Quarter Stitch: 2 strands
Straight Stitch: 1 strand
Pattern - "Peas No Smoking" Hanging
- Size / Stitch Count
- 1. Size of finished design: 6"x4"; size of stitched area: 5-5/8"x3-5/8"; stitch count: 80 w x52 h
- "Peas No Smoking" Hanging
- 1. Access cross-stitch chart by selecting the info button near the main image, then select the cross-stitch icon. Stitch design centered on fabric over two threads.
- 2. Backstitch pea vine using one strand DMC 3345 Hunter Green-DK. Backstitch, straight stitch, and complete French Knots using one strand DMC 310 Black on pea pod faces. Attach button at bottom of vine using two strands DMC 3345 Hunter Green-DK.
- 3. To create hanging, measure and trim cross-stitch design to 5"x7". Cut 5"x7" print fabric rectangle. To create ruffle, fold 2"x36" strip in half along long edges with wrong sides together. Hand-sew basting stitches along long open edges. Gently gather fabric along stitching to create 25"-long ruffled strip. Knot and clip threads.
- 4. Position print fabric rectangle and cross-stitch design with right sides facing on work surface. Pin in place. Pin ruffle and cording around design, making sure ruffle and cording are tucked inside two pieces. Pin ribbon ends sandwiched between pieces along top edge (for hanger).
- 5. Using 1/2" seam allowance, sew hanger together on three sides, leaving bottom open. Clip corners. Turn hanger right side out. Stuff hanger lightly with fiberfill to add dimension. Slipstitch bottom edge closed using needle and thread.
- 1. Omit the ruffled fabric border and sew cording onto hanger for a clean, simple outline.