Machine-Embroidered Framed Burlap Monogram
Five Star Fonts Embroidery
Create a beautiful framed monogram with your embroidery machine using Embroidery Designs from Five Star Fonts Embroidery.
- Natural burlap fabric, 8”x10”
- Cutaway embroidery stabilizer, 8”x10”
- Black embroidery thread
- Frame, 8”x10” with 5”x7” mat
- Embroidery machine
- Five Star Fonts Swirly Embroidery Frame Design
- Five Star Fonts Runway Model Embroidery Font
- Sulky KK2000 Temporary Spray Adhesive
- scissors, fabric marking pencil, steam iron and pressing surface, straight pins
- 1. Hoop stabilizer in embroidery hoop.
- 2. Remove any wrinkles from burlap by pressing with warm steam iron. Center burlap fabric over stabilizer in embroidery hoop, ensuring weave of burlap is straight when placed in hoop. Pin burlap to stabilizer keeping pins outside embroidery area.
- 3. Create monogram with embroidery software using Frame and Runway Model Font from Five Star Fonts Embroidery. Load embroidery design on machine and start stitching.
- 4. When design stitching is complete, remove embroidery hoop from machine and remove design from hoop.
- 5. Turn design to back and center mat over embroidery design.
- 6. Center cardboard frame backing over mat. Using fabric marking pencil, trace around frame backing on stabilizer.
- 7. Using sharp scissors, trim away excess stabilizer and burlap using trace marks as guide.
- 8. Lightly spray back of mat with temporary spray adhesive. Turn design to front and center mat over embroidered monogram frame. Press and smooth with fingers to adhere.
- 9. Insert matted design into frame; replace back of frame.