- 10”x10” Gold Finch 28-count Linen (R&R Reproductions)
- 6-strand Embroidery Floss (Anchor)
- 6-strand Hand-dyed Embroidery Floss – Weeks Dye Works
- #4 Braid (221) (Kreinik Mfg. Co., Inc.)
- 3”x3” Merlot Hand-dyed Wool (Weeks Dye Works)
- Mill Hill Glass Seed Bead (3436) (Wichelt Imports Inc.)
- World Button (Just Another Button Co.)
- Pins or Fabric Glue Stick or Fabric Basting Spray
- Chenille Needle for Wool
- Cotton Fabric for Backing
- 8” piece of 1/8” Gold Ribbon
Cross-stitch: 2 strands
Backstitch/Straight Stitch: 1 strand
Algerian Eyelet: 2 strands
Elongated Cross-stitch: 2 strands
Smyrna Cross: 2 strands
Chain Stitch: 1 strand
Queen Stitch: 1 strand
Scotch Stitch: 1 strand
Pattern - Joy To The World
- 1. Stitch design centered on fabric over two threads. Draw 2" diameter circle on freezer paper. Cut out freezer paper template slightly larger than traced outline. Place template on piece of wool and cotton fabric backing.
- 2. Shiny Side Down. Set dry iron on wool setting and press. The heat of iron will make template stick to wool. Cut out wool template at traced template line. Lay wool template on backing fabric (wrong sides together). Cut out cotton fabric.
- 3. Stitch STARS freehand on wool circle using Antique Gold #4 Braid. Use pins, or fabric glue stick or fabric basting spray to hold pieces together. Stitch edge of wool and backing fabric with buttonhole stitch.
- 4. Tack ornament in place with Anchor #45 with long stitches directly over buttonhole stitch on wool through linen. Embellish ornament by tacking 1/8" gold ribbon tied in a bow as seen in picture.