Pattern - Cross-Stitch "Sweet Dreams" Hanging
- 1. Cross-stitch design centered on fabric over two strands using two strands of floss.
- 2. Backstitch wording using two strands of DMC 327 Violet-VY DK. Backstitch using one strand as follows: lavender flowers with GA 0850 Hyacinth, lavender leaves and stems with GA 7039 Bayberry, pink flowers (in four corners) with DMC 3608 Plum-VY LT, around pink flower centers (on bottom corners) with DMC 3607 Plum-LT. Complete Smyrna Crosses on pink flower centers with DMC 973 Canary Bright.
- 3. Use craft knife to cut 3"x3" square from center back of mounting board. Fold tulle square into 2"x4" rectangle; sew around three sides using needle and thread, leaving one side open. Fill open side with 1/3 cup of lavender potpourri; sew opening closed. Insert potpourri pocket into cut opening on mounting board.
- 4. Press double-thickness of batting on each mounting board. Position design on work surface and mounting board (with batting facing down) centered on top. Wrap design fabric to back side of mounting board and adhere edges in place. In same way, position backing fabric on work surface and remaining mounting board (with batting facing down) centered on top; wrap and adhere fabric edges around mounting board. Measure and cut 20" length of Deep Purple ribbon; knot both ends. Fold ribbon in half and position knotted ends 1/2" in from edges of mounting boards; adhere mounting boards together sandwiching ribbon knots. Let dry.
- 5. For hanger, cut 28" length of Deep Purple ribbon; tie bow. Adhere bow to center of ribbon hanger.
- 6. Twist one skein of DMC 553 Violet and one skein of DMC 327 Violet-DK together to make cording. Adhere cording around design starting at bottom and wrapping around edges ending at top. Cut excess.
- 7. Cut Light Pink ribbon into four 6" lengths. Tie four small bows; stitch bows onto lavender stems as indicated on chart using DMC 3608 Plum-VY LT. Knot and clip thread ends.