Glittery organza, fabric paint, and a single dimensional pansy bring this beautiful cross-stitched piece to life.
- 14-count Ivory Aida
- DMC 6-strand Embroidery Floss
- DMC Wool Tapestry Thread, tan
- 4”x6” Glitter Organza, in coordinating colors
- Dunlap Enterprises Tulip Dimensional Paint, white
- Tapestry needle
- Fabric glue
Cross-stitch: 2 strands
Half Cross-stitch: 2 strands
Backstitch: 1 strand
Pattern - Pansy Bottles
- Size/Stitch Count
- 1. Approximate finished size: 7-1/3"x6-1/4"; stitch count: 101 w x 86 h
- Pansy Bottles
- 1. Stitch design centered on fabric.
- 2. Stitch single pansy at lower edge of fabric.
- 3. Using matching color fabric paint, outline outer edge of stitches and let dry 2-4 hours. Cut out pansy along outside edge of painted line. Set aside.
- 4. Using bottle pattern, cut three bottles from colored organza fabrics. With pattern still under fabric, use white paint to draw thin line on each bottle for highlights. Carefully lift each piece of fabric from pattern and place on waxed paper until dry.
- 5. Using toothpick, dot each organza bottle at top and bottom with fabric glue. Place bottle over stitching and press lightly to glue in place.
- 6. Using photo as guide, position cut-out pansy and glue to design. Thread large eye needle with 10" length of 5-6 strands of DMC wool. Poke needle into design from front along right side of bottle, leaving 4" tail. Poke needle up again through back, coming out on left edge of bottle. Remove needle; tie wool knot. Repeat for each bottle.