- Bright Ideas 14-count Grasshopper Aida (Charles Craft)
- 6-strand embroidery floss in colors listed on chart (DMC)
- Tapestry needle (DMC), #24
Cross-stitch: : 2 strands
Backstitch: : 1 strand
French Knot: : 2 strands (wrapped 2 times)
Pattern - Exotic Bird Series: Toucan
- 1. Fold Aida cloth in half and in half again opposite way to find center. Mark center with contrasting thread.
- 2. Using two strands of floss to cross-stitch and one strand to backstitch design centered on fabric. Use two strands of floss to make French knots, wrapping floss around needle twice for each knot.