- Charles Craft Bright Ideas 14-count Polar Ice Aida (DMC)
- 6-strand embroidery floss in colors listed on chart (DMC)
- Tapestry needle (DMC), #24
Cross-stitch: : 2 strands
Petite stitch: : 2 strands
Backstitch: : 1 strand
Pattern - Exotic Bird Series: Cockatoo
- 1. Fold Aida cloth in half and in half again opposite way to find center. Mark center with contrasting thread.
- 2. Using two strands of floss to cross-stitch and petite stitch, and one strand to backstitch, stitch design centered on fabric.