- 15”x13” Little Boy Blue 28-count Cashel Linen (Zweigart)
- 6-strand Embroidery Floss (DMC)
- Teeny Weeny Overdyed Buttons (TW-151 and TW-104) (Hillcreek Designs)
- White Ribbon Floss (142-2) (Homestead Needle Arts)
- Frame: Stephen’s Frame Shop
Cross-stitch: 2 strands
Backstitch: 1 strand
Pattern - Dragonfly Dreaming Birth - Buggy
Pattern - Dragonfly Dreaming Birth - Alphabet
- 1. Stitch design centered on fabric over two threads.
- 2. Attach button to pinwheel centers using 1 strand of floss. "Flowing Bow" (attach as seen in photograph); thread 18" length of white ribbon floss through large eye tapestry needle. Put needle down through fabric slightly below button bringing needle back through. Remove needle; even up ribbon ends; tie bow and tack center using 1 strand B5200. Run ends of "bow streamers" as desired down through fabric loosely to add dimension securing ends on back of fabric through existing cross-stitches. Attach button at center of bow.
- 3. NOTE: You may want to use 1 strand of coordinating floss to tack down streamers to further secure for mounting.