- Sudberry House Laura’s Box, Mahogany Finish (#99531)
- Wichelt Imports 28-count (#429120) Antique Ivory Jobelan, 16”x16”
- DMC 6-strand Embroidery Floss, in colors to match graduate’s school
- Tapestry needle
- Fray check
- Cardboard, 2” square scrap
Cross-stitch: 2 strands
Backstitch: 1 strand
French Knot: 1 strand (wrapped two times)
Straight stitch: 1 strand
Pattern - Cross-stitch Graduation Box
- 1. On top and bottom borders, there is an extra space in center between designs. The straight stitches done around border are over one thread. All other stitches are over two threads.
- 1. For tassel, cut two 7" lengths from full skein of floss. Wrap remaining floss eight times around 2" cardboard square. Slip one 7" floss strand under wrapped floss on top edge of cardboard; tie to secure. Remove cardboard. Wrap remaining 7" floss length around neck of tassel, 1/4" from top. Thread needle with floss tail and insert floss end into tassel. Trim bottom of tassel length. Thread needle with tails of top floss length; attach tassel on top of graduation cap, securing floss on back. Sew tassel on design.
- 2. Follow manufacturer's instructions for mounting finished cross-stitch design in box opening.
- 1. Use fray check to keep edges from unraveling before inserting design in box opening.