Pattern - Trimming the Tree Ornament
- 1. Use a 1/4" seam allowance throughout.
- 1. Fold cloth in half and in half again opposite way to find center. Mark center with contrasting thread. Use two strands of floss or one strand of braid to cross-stitch design centered on evenweave.
- 2. Use one strand of 310 to backstitch and make French knots.
- 3. Apply iron-on interfacing to wrong side of stitching. Trim evenly to 5"x5".
- 4. With wrong sides together, sew ornament front to back along sides and bottom edges to form pocket. Turn right side out. Press raw top raw edge under 1/4".
- 5. Fold lining in half, right sides together. Sew along side edges. Press raw edge under 1/4".
- 6. Insert lining into pocket. Sew lining to pocket around top edge.
- 7. Tack ribbon hanger ends to inner side seams.