- Wichelt Imports 28-count Forget Me Not Blue Jobelan, 10”x10”
- DMC 6-strand Embroidery Floss
- Kreinik Vatican Gold #4 Braid
- Just Another Button Company buttons: tiny cardinals, two; new moon
- Coordinating print fabric (backing), 12”x12”
- Batting, 12”x12”
- Binding fabric, 2-1/4”-wide
- Wooden dowel, 3/8”-wide, 10” length
- Sewing machine and thread
Cross-stitch: 2 strands or 1 strand
Straight Stitch: 1 strand
Star Stitch: 2 strands
Pattern - Cross-Stitch Peaceful Trees Wall Hanging
- 1. Cross-stitch design centered on fabric over two threads.
- 2. Cross-stitch wording and straight stitch wording using combination of one strand each DMC 799 Delft Blue-MD and DMC 800 Delft Blue-Pale.
- 3. Complete star stitches in sky using two strands Kreinik #4 Braid Vatican Gold as shown on chart.
- 4. To finish design, sandwich stitched fabric with batting and backing. Baste near edge through all three layers.
- 5. Cut 2-3/4"-wide strips from coordinating fabric. Draw pencil lines 1-1/2" outside stitched area on front of stitched piece. Position strip on drawn line on one side of stitching. Sew using 1/3" seam allowance with right sides together. Sew between horizontal lines; cut off excess. Repeat process for top and bottom for other side.
- 6. Trim batting and backing even with finished top on all sides. Sew line of stitching next to border on linen around entire design.
- 7. Prepare hanging sleeve by cutting 2-1/4" strips of binding fabric; fold in half and bind, inserting hanging sleeve on top edge.
- 8. Attach buttons with two strands coordinating color floss. Knot ends.