- Crocheted-edge pillow sham (or style of choice), 16” square
- Blue braid, 1-3/4 yds.
- DMC 6-strand Embroidery Floss: Dark Lavender Blue (#3838)
- Blue sewing thread
- Embroidery needles: size 3, size 9
- Prym-Dritz Fray Check
Straight Stitch: 2 strands
Stem Stitch: 2 strands
Split Stitch: 2 strands
Chain Stitch: 2 strands
French Knot: 2 strands, wrapped two times
Pattern - Bluework Floral Pillow
- 1. Print and cut out pattern; transfer design.
- 2. Use two strands floss to stitch design as follows. Straight stitch lines inside bud, flowers, and small lines in leaves. Stem stitch outside of small leaves, inside lines of large leaves, and all stems. Split stitch outside of flowers and buds. Chain stitch outside of large leaves. Make French knot flower centers.
- 3. Cut trim lengths to fit each side of pillow front, using photo as guide. Apply non-fray solution to trim ends. Sew trim to pillow.