Pattern - Country Gift Basket
Pattern - Fresh Blueberry Muffins
- 1. Measure inside circumference of basket rim, then add 1" for seam allowance. Use measurement for width of drawstring bag. For diameter of bag bottom, divide inside circumference measurement by 3.14. Add 1/2" for seam allowance around bottom of bag. Make height of drawstring bag 10". Cut bottom circle and drawstring bag measurement from beige/navy stripe fabric with stripes running vertically.
- 2. On wrong side of bag fabric, measure and mark 1" down from top of bag on both sides. Cut slit horizontally 1/2" in on both sides and press top 1" seam in and bottom seam out. Use lt. brown thread to sew top seam in on both sides. Fold top seam 1/2" over with side seams underneath; sew. Fold right sides of bag even, then sew together with 1/2" seam allowance. With right sides together and using 1/2" seam allowance, sew bottom to bag. Turn bag right side out.
- 3. Print and cut out pattern. Cut pieces from interfacing slightly larger than patterns. Follow manufacturer's instructions to apply interfacing to fabric backs. Transfer flower centers, petals, and leaves onto back of fused fabrics; cut out. Use black thread to sew around petals, leavings, and leaf veins as shown. Pin six petals to back of small flower center and seven to back of large flower center; sew.
- 4. Wrap packing tape securely over one end of hemp cord and thread through bag casing. Machine sew zigzag stitch hemp cord ends down leaf centers as shown and straight stitch around leaf edges.
- 5. Glue bag to bottom and inside basket edges. Use matching threads to whip stitch flowers and leaves together, then glue to basket front. (Note: Package food inside plastic bag before placing in basket to avoid staining fabric.)
- 1. When sewing inside drawstring bag, pin and press as needed.