Patriotic Picnic Basket
- DecoArt Americana Acrylics: Antique Gold, Bubblegum Pink, Burnt Sienna, Burnt Umber,
Buttermilk, Georgia Clay, Hauser
Dark Green, Hauser Light Green,
Hauser Medium Green, Honey Brown, Lamp (Ebony) Black, Raw Umber, Snow (Titanium) White, Taffy Cream, True Blue, True Red, Tuscan
Red, Williamsburg Blue
- Royal & Langnickel: Majestic: Round, Series R4250, #1, #3, #6; Script Liner, Series R4585, #5/0
- Royal Fusion: Shader, Series
R3150S, #4, #6
- Royal Kolinsky Elite: Chisel Shader, Series R6150-S, #2, #6, #12
- Plywood cut to fit basket,
or enlarge pattern as needed
- Delta Stencil Magic Decorative
Stencil: Checkerboard Medley
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Sealer/Finisher, Matte
- 1. Sand lid and wipe dust. Apply sealer.
Base top and sides with two coats
Buttermilk. Spatter Burnt Sienna.
- 2. Print out pattern; transfer basic pattern lines. (Transfer details as needed.) Using photo as guide, use Hauser Med. Green to stencil 3/8" checkerboard stencil, avoiding transferred pattern.
Geraniums in Pot
- 1. Base pot Georgia Clay; shade Raw Umber along left side, under leaves and rim, and along top of watermelon. Base leaves, stems, and calyx Hauser Med. Green. Follow pattern and shade dark area of leaves Hauser Dk. Green and highlight center area Hauser Lt. Green. Use script liner and Hauser Dk. Green to add vein lines. Base flower petals True Red; while wet, highlight Bubblegum Pink. Repeat same for buds. Use stylus to dot flower cluster
centers Antique Gold; add Lamp Black accent lines. Add additional smaller Antique Gold dots around center. Use script liner and Lamp Black to outline some petal edges.
- 1. Base white stripes Snow White and red stripes True Red. Shade folds Burnt Umber. Base star background True Blue; use dirty brush to highlight with a touch of Snow White. Base star Snow White; shade Burnt Umber. Paint flag pole Antique Gold; add Snow White highlight shine line. Use script liner and Lamp Black to paint ties and to loosely line pole along left side.
Apple Butter Jar
- 1. Base jar contents Antique Gold; shade Honey Brown here and there throughout. Shade Burnt Umber under cloth lid. Base label Snow White; shade side edges Burnt
Umber. Use Honey Brown to paint lettering; loosely line top edge of label. Use dirty brush to paint checked
pattern Antique Gold starting from
center and working out. Lightly highlight Snow White along left side
then add highlight shine lines toward
outer edges and again along edges.
- 2. Base cloth lid Williamsburg Blue; shade True Blue. Highlight folds with mix of Snow White + Williamsburg Blue. Add Antique Gold tri-dots; highlight some Snow White. Base ribbon Taffy Cream; highlight Snow White and shade Burnt Umber.
Watermelon and Strawberries
- 1. Use True Red to base red area of watermelon and strawberries; highlight each with mix of True Red + Snow White and shade with mix of Burnt Umber + True Red. Paint seeds Lamp Black. Add Snow White highlight dots to some watermelon seeds on left and highlight strawberry seeds Buttermilk. Use Hauser Med. Green to base watermelon rind and
strawberry leaves. Use liner to line leaf highlights Snow White and Hauser
Lt. Green. Use Snow White to paint
white watermelon rind area; stroke
strawberry flower petals. Add tiny
Burnt Umber flower center dots then
use mix of Antique Gold and True Red
to add accent lines. Add Hauser Dk.
Green curly vines.
- 1. Use wash of Burnt Umber to shade behind elements and to add shadow lines.
- 2. Apply several finishing coats.