- DecoArt Americana Acrylics:
Buttermilk, Cocoa, Grey Sky, Hauser
Light Green, Heritage Brick, Light
Avocado, Traditional Burnt Umber,
- Royal & Langnickel Aqualon:
Angular, Series R2160, 1/4", 1/2", 1"; Round, Series 2250, #4; Shader,
Series R2150, #2; Liner, Series
R2595, #10/0; Script Liner, Series
- Small worn out scruffy
- Black "Townhouse" Mailbox
available through most home
improvement stores (e.g.: Home
Depot or Lowe's)
- Krylon Crystal Clear Acrylic Coating (#1303)
- Liberty Matte Finish spray
- 1. Apply matte finish over painting
surface for "tooth" and to dull. Let
dry. Print pattern; transfer oval shape
on mailbox lid. Base oval Grey Sky for
solid coverage. Let dry. Transfer hill
Sky and Hills
- 1. Use #1 angular to float Williamsburg
Blue across top of sky and walk it out. Use Hauser Lt. Green to float top of each hill, walking each down to establish foreground color. Let dry and
repeat application of color once or twice more. Side-load 1/2" angular with
Lt. Avocado; darken top of each hill,
walking color out again, but not as far.
- 2. Use script liner to outline oval
Williamsburg Blue. Transfer basic
pattern lines (transfer details as
- 1. Base "Post Office" Heritage Brick. Base homes on right Buttermilk. Base all roofs Traditional Burnt Umber. Use round brush to wash Cocoa on right sides of each home. Use Traditional
Burnt Umber to paint doors, windows,
and chimneys on all buildings; paint
Post Office overhang and posts. Use shader to lightly streak Cocoa
highlights across roofs. Base Post
Office sign Cocoa and lettering
Traditional Burnt Umber.
Flagpole and Trees
- 1. Use liner and Traditional Burnt Umber to paint flagpole and tree trunks. Stipple tree foliage Hauser Lt. Green and Lt. Avocado. Shade ground under
flag pole in same manner as hills.
- 2. Base flag Buttermilk; add Heritage Brick stripes. Paint field
Williamsburg Blue; use liner and Buttermilk to dot stars.
- 1. Use script liner, Traditional Burnt Umber and Cocoa to paint vine. Use shader to one stroke leaves in Hauser
Lt. Green or Lt. Avocado. Shade some Hauser Lt. Green leaves Lt. Avocado, then use liner to paint Lt. Avocado
centers. Use round brush to stroke Heritage Brick petals; dot centers Hauser Lt. Green.
- 1. Use liner to stroke twigs in Traditional Burnt Umber, Cocoa, and Buttermilk. Paint center Traditional Burnt Umber. Base eggs Williamsburg Blue. Use round brush and brush mix of
Williamsburg Blue and Buttermilk to lightly tap on speckles; use script liner to tap smaller Buttermilk speckles. Use script liner to shade a bit of Traditional Burnt Umber between eggs to "settle" into nest.
- 1. Use round brush and Williamsburg Blue to paint "Mail" lettering and border to either side.
- 2. Follow manufacturer's directions to apply several Crystal Clear coats.