Lazy Days Of Summer
- DecoArt Americana Acrylics: Antique
White, Avocado, Blue Haze, Country
Red, Dark Chocolate, French Vanilla, Hauser Light Green, Lamp (Ebony) Black, Light Avocado, Raw Sienna, Rookwood Red, Uniform Blue,
Warm White, Yellow Ochre
- Royal & Langnickel:Soft Grip Golden
Taklon: Shader, Series SG150, #6,
#10; Angular, Series SG160, 1/4", 1/2"; Glaze Wash, Series 700, 3/4"; Short Liner, Series SG595, #0; Script Liner, Series 585, #2
- Shortlength White Bristle Stencil,
Series R1112, 3/8"
- Wood birdhouse available through
Betty Bowers or cut from 1/2"-thick
- DecoArt Americana: Acrylic Sealer/Finisher, Matte; Wood Sealer
- Fishing line
- Wind chimes available through
- 1. Drill 1/8" hole in center top of roof
and drill four holes along bottom of
birdhouse spacing each 1-1/4" apart.
Use fine-grit sandpaper to sand; wipe dust. Apply two sealer coats. Sand
again and wipe dust.
- 2. Print out pattern; transfer roof line. (Transfer details as needed.)
- 3. (Note: Base front and back of roof and
house in respective colors) Use glaze
wash brush to base roof Lamp Black
and house Blue Haze.
- 1. Highlight roof Blue Haze. Shade Uniform Blue around edges of house and around flowers; use chisel edge of brush to lightly paint vertical panel lines, spacing each approximately 1/2" apart. Base birdhouse hole and peg Lamp Black. Highlight birdhouse hole Blue Haze.
- 1. Base leaves Lt. Avocado; shade Avocado and highlight Hauser Lt. Green. Base flower centers Raw Sienna; shade Rookwood Red. Deepen shading with Dk. Chocolate. Lightly stipple entire flower center Dk. Chocolate, then lightly stipple Antique White along top to highlight. Base pedals Yellow Ochre; shade Raw Sienna and highlight French Vanilla. Highlight pedal ends here and there with Warm White. Use liner to pull
thinned Raw Sienna lines from base of
pedals towards tips. Use stylus to add
Dk. Chocolate dots in shaded area of
flower center and to add Warm White
dots in highlight area of flower center.
- 1. Base body Country Red; shade Rookwood Red. Use Lamp Black to base head, spots, antenna, legs and feet. Use Warm White to paint comma stroke eye. Paint "z's" Lamp Black.
- 1. Apply several light sealer coats, making sure to cover all areas for
- 2. Use fishing line as hanger for wind
chime and to hang chimes from drilled