Wine Caddy Utensil Tote
- Creative Woodworks Tote (T155), 9"x4"x14"
- Rebecca Baer Background Stencil:
- DecoArt Americana Acrylics: Black
Green, Blue/Grey Mist, Burnt
Sienna, Burnt Umber, Dioxazine
Purple, Fawn, Honey Brown, Light
Mocha, Pansy Lavender, Payne’s
Grey, Plantation Pine, Royal Purple, Soft Black, Warm White, Winter Blue
- Loew-Cornell Paintbrushes: La Corneille Golden Taklon: Wash/Glaze, Series 7550,
3/4"; Shader, Series 7300, #4, #10,
#12; Script Liner, Series 7050,
- Loew-Cornell Specialty Brushes: Crescent Golden Taklon &
Bristle, Series 247, 1/4”
- JoSonja Sure Touch Synthetic Hair Paintbrushes:
Filbert, Series 1385, #2, #6
- DecoArt: Americana Wood Sealer;
DuraClear Varnish, Matte; Faux
- 1. Use mix of sealer + Lt. Mocha (2:1) to seal entire surface. Let dry. Sand lightly and wipe dust. Add a touch of
glazing medium to brush to slip-slap
entire outer surface with Warm White,
Lt. Mocha, and Fawn. Base inside of
- 2. Measure and mark the following border lines at bottom and to each side of surface: 1/4”, 1-1/2”, 1/4”. Use stencil to stencil Fawn in 1-1/2” space
on each side of surface and entire
upper section of back side. Tape off
1/4” borders; paint Royal Purple. Shade
Fawn above and below border edges. Paint a Royal Purple border line in
upper section of each side, 1/4” from
- 3. Print out patterns; transfer basic window frame and ledge pattern lines on front side. (Transfer details as needed.)
- 1. Wash Blue/Grey Mist inside entire window. Wash sky area Winter Blue; glaze Dioxazine Purple along top of mountains. Wash Plantation Pine on mountains and ground areas. Lightly
shade Plantation Pine along top of
mountains. Use edge of crescent brush and Plantation Pine to stipple background trees and vineyard rows;
add Black Green here and there for
shading. Lightly dry brush Honey Brown and a touch of Burnt Sienna between rows.
- 2. Base building Lt. Mocha and roof Honey Brown. Shade building with Fawn and highlight Warm White. Shade roof Burnt Sienna and then Burnt Umber. Paint windows and door Burnt Umber. Stipple bushes in yard Plantation Pine and Black Green. Glaze Honey Brown and Dioxazine Purple here and there in vineyard and foreground.
Window Frame and Ledge
- 1. Base window frame and ledge Warm White; use Fawn to shade and add wood grain lines.
Wine Bottle and Glass
- 1. Wash entire bottle Plantation Pine;
shade Black Green along outer edges and dry brush Warm White highlight shines. Base label and cork Lt. Mocha; shade Honey Brown. Highlight top of cork Warm White. Lightly stipple Honey Brown in center of label. Use Royal Purple to add label lines, “sketchy” wording, and design. Paint bottle band Royal Purple.
- 2. Wash entire glass Warm White. Wash wine area Honey Brown; glaze a touch of Royal Purple along bottom of wine.
Outline and highlight Warm White.
Grapes, Leaves, and Vines
- 1. All grapes, leaves and vines are done
in same manner.
- 2. Wash leaves Plantation Pine; shade Black Green and highlight Blue/Grey Mist. Use Black Green to outline and to add veins. Glaze here and there with Honey Brown and Royal Purple.
- 3. Using dirty brush method and semiwashy
paint, base grapes with one coat Royal Purple, Pansy Lavender, and Dioxazine Purple keeping lighter color grapes on top. (Note: If grapes start looking the same color, rinse brush and start picking up colors again.) Shade grapes Dioxazine Purple; deepen with Payne’s Grey. Highlight Lt. Mocha on “top” grapes. Add Lt. Mocha highlight shines; while wet, “smoosh” with finger to soften.
- 4. Base stems and vines Burnt Umber; shade Soft Black here and there.
- 1. Use Fawn to shade behind bottle, window frame, glass, grape bunches and vine leaves. Paint words Royal Purple. (Note: Feel free to change words to your favorite type of wine.) Use Royal Purple to paint bottom base, handle, and raw edges of carrier.
- 2. Apply two to three varnish coats.