Dragonfly Patio Pillow
- Natural pillow cover 15-1/2” square (available through your local craft store or BagWorks)
- DecoArt SoSoft: Fabric Acrylics: Bittersweet Orange, Olive Green, Santa Red, White, Yellow Green; Metallics: Medieval Gold; Renaissance Brown
- Loew-Cornell: La Corneille Golden Taklon: Shader, Series 7300, #2, #4, #8; Specialty: Flat Glaze, Series 798, 3/4”
- DecoArt Starlite Topcoat
- Textile Medium
- Sakura Black Indenti-pen Marker
- 1. Print out pattern; transfer pattern details onto pillow. Insert a piece of plastic inside pillow to avoid paint from transferring through to back. Use marker to outline entire design.
- 1. Use #4 or #8 shaders to paint dragonfly body. All dragonflies are painted in same manner and colors. You may choose to change colors on some for variation. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to mix textile medium with paints, making design a little more transparent and to prevent color from running out of design area.
- 1. Base Yellow Green; while wet, shade Olive Green. Dry. Use #2 shader to highlight White.
- 1. Using photo as guide, base orange part of wings Bittersweet Orange; while wet, shade Renaissance Brown. Tint wing tips Santa Red. Base gold part of wings Medieval Gold; while wet, shade Renaissance Brown. Dry. Use chisel edge of #8 shader and White to add lines where wing attaches to body.
- 1. When design is dry, you may need to re-line details. Use Renaissance Brown and textile medium to shade motion lines around bodies. Use #8 shader to add glittering top coat over wings.
- 2. Use masking tape to make a 1/2” to 1” border around outer edges of pillow. Use glazing brush, Yellow Green and textile medium to loosely paint border; while wet, shade Olive Green along inner edges. Use marker to outline inner border edges.