- Pre-Primed Door Hanger (5-1/2"x16") from Western Metal Ware
- DecoArt Americana Acrylics: Burnt Sienna, Dioxazine Purple, Evergreen, Golden Straw, Payne's Grey, Pink Chiffon, Razzle Berry, Snow White, Uniform Blue
- Royal & Langnickel brushes: Majestic: Glaze/Wash, Series R4700, 3/4"; Shader, Series R4150, #4, #6; Round, Series R4250, #2; Combo: Wash, Series L3075, 1"
- DecoArt DuraClear Varnish, Matte
- 1. No sanding or sealing is needed for primed metalware. Use glaze/wash brush to apply two Pink Chiffon coats to front and back of surface. Sand lightly and wipe dust.
- 2. Print out pattern; transfer basic pattern lines onto surface. (Transfer details as needed.)
- 1. For chain of color technique, layout out colors on your palette starting with a small pea size amount of darkest color, then spacing 1" apart to the right add second color. Continue same using colors as directed. When you are finished, paint should be in order from left to right, dark to light. To mix, work from left to right or from darkest to lightest pulling a little paint out from darkest color, then stir or pat to next color, pulling paint out and blending together. Continue stirring to next color. If you have done this correctly, the left side of your paint line will be dark and the right side will be light; darkest and lightest colors never meet in chain.
- 1. Pour small pea size amount of Dioxazine Purple, Uniform Blue, and Snow White in a straight row onto palette; use #4 shader to chain mix Dioxazine Purple and Uniform Blue, then chain Snow White for a variety of blue/purple colors from dark to very pale. Use small overlapping strokes to base tub: use nearly straight Snow White along top edges and down center front. Blend a little more periwinkle to either side of center. Then blend darker color on left and right sides of tub.
Legs and Tray
- 1. Use #4 shader to base Burnt Sienna. Use round brush and brush mix of Burnt Sienna and Golden Straw to dab a few highlights, then add brighter and smaller Golden Straw highlight over first highlight.
- 1. Use #4 shader and chain mix of Evergreen, Golden Straw, and Snow White. Using worksheet as guide, pull colors counter clock-wise using pressure of chisel edge while changing mixes from lighter at front and darker across back of rug.
- 1. Use #4 shader and rug colors to pull leaves, and to paint stems and calyx.
Vase and Vase Flowers
- 1. Use round brush to base with a lavender mix from tub. Pat a few leaves from green mixes of rug. Use round brush to pat three tiny Razzle Berry roses; using dirty brush, pick up a little Snow White to swirl a few petals on each tiny rose.
- 1. Use #4 shader to base with brush mix of Razzle Berry and Snow White. Add a little more Snow White highlight where towel rolls over top edge of tub. Use round brush and thinned Razzle Berry to add border across bottom. Pat tiny green leaves from medium rug mix and pat tiny rose buds with darker towel mix.
- 1. Use #4 shader to loosely base with medium to pale-blue brush mix of Snow White and touch of Uniform Blue. Side-load dirty brush with Snow White to pull random highlights across top of bubbles.
- 1. Use round brush to base Razzle Berry. Brush mix tiny bit of Evergreen with Razzle Berry to pull narrow edge of soles. Use brush mix of Snow White and Razzle Berry to add fluffy decorative edge.
- 1. Use #6 shader to loosely base roses and buds Razzle Berry. Double-load same brush with Razzle Berry and White; blend well and use worksheet to begin adding petals.
Text and Border
- 1. Use round brush and thinned Payne's Grey to paint each.
- 1. Use combo wash brush to apply three to five varnish coats.