Celebrate Mom! Cuddle Bees Pin
- Mini Rusty Tin Pockets (#11-RT8115) from Cupboard Distributing
- DecoArt Americana Acrylics: Antique Gold, Black Plum, Blue Haze, Burnt Orange, Buttermilk, Deep Burgundy, Golden Straw, Green Mist, Raw Sienna, Snow (Titanium) White, True Red
- Loew-Cornell: La Corneille Golden Taklon: Jackie Shaw Liner, Series JS, #10/0, #2; Shader, Series 7300, #2, #4, #10; Angular Shader, Series 7400, 3/8", 1/2"
- DecoArt DuraClear Varnish, Matte
- Black Pigma Micron Marker, .05
- Pin back, 1"
- E6000 Permanent Adhesive
- Mini silk flowers or dried Sweet Annie herb
- 1. Remove wire hanger from pocket. Wipe pocket with damp cloth; let dry. Apply varnish over outer surface. Let dry.
- 2. Print out pattern; transfer basic pattern lines. (Transfer details as needed.)
- 1. Use brushes that are most comfortable for you and that fit the area you are working in. If you are not sure, test brushes on palette. Use shaders to basecoat, angular shaders for shading and highlighting, and liner brushes for fine lines and small detailing. Thin paint with water for line work.
- 2. Refer to worksheet.
Cuddle Bees Pocket
- 1. Base pocket Green Mist; shade Blue Haze along outer edges. Base bees Buttermilk. Base alternating horizontal body stripes Deep Burgundy and Antique Gold. Shade Black Plum on Deep Burgundy stripes along left edge of both bees and along right edge on mom. Shade Raw Sienna on Antique Gold stripes along right edge of mom. Highlight True Red on red stripes along right side of baby bee, then highlight Golden Straw on yellow stripes.
- 2. Shade Raw Sienna along bottom and left side of both heads and on mom's face behind baby bee's head. Use same color to shade wings against bodies and along outer border. Use Snow White to highlight both heads along top and right sides and along outside edge of wings.
- 3. Very lightly dry brush cheeks Deep Burgundy. Paint noses Burnt Orange.
- 4. Base top flower border Antique Gold; shade Raw Sienna along bottom edge of border. Use liner to base petals Buttermilk. Dot flower centers Green Mist with handle end of brush.
- 5. Base hearts with two coats True Red. Paint checked border with thinned Antique Gold; shade inside edges Raw Sienna. Paint border stripe around inside edge of checks with thinned Buttermilk.
- 1. Apply two varnish coats over entire pockets leaving a bare spot on back for pin backs. Let dry. Use marker to outline details on bee design. Glue pin backs to back of pockets. Fill pockets with mini silk flowers or dried herb.