Celebrate Mom! From My Heart Pin
- Mini Rusty Tin Pockets (#11-RT8115) from Cupboard Distributing
- DecoArt Americana Acrylics: Antique Gold, Black Plum, Blue Haze, Buttermilk, Deep Burgundy, Golden Straw, Green Mist, Raw Sienna, True Red
- Loew-Cornell: La Corneille Golden Taklon: Jackie Shaw Liner, Series JS, #10/0, #2; Shader, Series 7300, #2, #4, #10; Angular Shader, Series 7400, 3/8", 1/2"
- DecoArt DuraClear Varnish, Matte
- Black Pigma Micron Marker, .05
- Pin back, 1"
- E6000 Permanent Adhesive
- Mini silk flowers or dried Sweet Annie herb
- 1. Remove wire hanger from pocket. Wipe pocket with damp cloth; let dry. Apply varnish over outer surface. Let dry.
- 2. Print out pattern; transfer basic pattern lines. (Transfer details as needed.)
- 1. Use brushes that are most comfortable for you and that fit the area you are working in. If you are not sure, test brushes on palette. Use shaders to basecoat, angular shaders for shading and highlighting, and liner brushes for fine lines and small detailing. Thin paint with water for line work.
- 2. Refer to worksheet.
From My Heart Pocket
- 1. Base pocket Buttermilk; shade Raw Sienna along outer edges. Base heart Deep Burgundy; shade Black Plum across bottom third and highlight True Red across top third. Use thinned Antique Gold to add wavy vertical lines; brighten lines here and there with Golden Straw. Outline heart Black Plum.
- 2. Base top heart border Antique Gold; shade Raw Sienna along bottom edge of border. Paint hearts Deep Burgundy and add Blue Haze dots between.
- 3. Use thinned Antique Gold to add checked border around sides and bottom of pocket; shade Raw Sienna along inside edges. Using worksheet as guide, add thin Green Mist outline border and wider Blue Haze border; add Buttermilk line between border stripes.
- 1. Apply two varnish coats over entire pockets leaving a bare spot on back for pin backs. Let dry. Use marker to outline details on bee design. Glue pin backs to back of pockets. Fill pockets with mini silk flowers or dried herb.