Easter Greeting Wreath
- Vine wreath 18” from your local craft store
- Folk Art Tin: Puffed Cherries (FTSO-005), five; Puffed Flower Round, (FTSO-016), three; Puffed Flower Oval (FTSO-017), two; Puffed Pineapple (FTSO-004), two; Ornament Puffed Pear (FT-2116), one from Della and Company
- DecoArt Americana Acrylics: Avocado, Canyon Orange, Dioxazine Purple, Evergreen, Honey Brown, Lamp (Ebony) Black, Light Buttermilk, Marigold, Milk Chocolate, Pistachio Mint, Poodleskirt Pink, Raspberry, Sapphire, Snow (Titanium) White, Soft Blue, Soft Lilac, Tuscan Red
- FM Dynasty brushes: Black Gold, Series 206: Round, #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8; Shader, #14; Script, #20/0, #10/0, #5/0; Flat Wash, 1”; Decorator Collection: Fabric Round, Series B1500, #4, #8; Mini Mop, Series 400, 1/4”, 3/8”
- DecoArt: Americana Acrylic Sealer/Finisher, Matte; Acrylic Gesso
- Black Micron Pen, .01
- Brown filler or Spanish moss
- Ribbon: light green wire-edged, 1-1/2”-wide, 4 yds.; sheer purple ribbon, 1/4”-wide, 6”
- Rusty craft wire
- Super Glue
- 1. Wipe metal with damp cloth and dry. Gently bend pear leaf back and forth until it comes loose from pear (will be chick’s tail). Use sea sponge to lightly sponge Gesso onto all metal surfaces including chick’s tail. Let dry and repeat with second coat. Apply three Lt. Buttermilk coats on all metal surfaces.
- 2. Print out patterns; transfer basic pattern lines onto appropriate metal surfaces. (Transfer details as needed.)
- 1. Use round brushes to basecoat or to apply color wash. Use 5/0 script to paint hairs, 10/0 script to paint vines and strokes, 20/0 script to paint thin lines and details. Use shader and flat wash to float, shade, and highlight, and mops to blend floated colors. Use fabric rounds to dry brush. Use stylus to make small dots and handle end of script liner for larger dots. Use pattern as guide to shade (///) and highlight (...).
- 1. Use Honey Brown to shade bodies; paint eyes. Use Raspberry to shade inner ears, nose, and mouth. Use Avocado to float leaf color; float again to shade. Use Evergreen to deepen shading on leaf; add leaf details, paint vines and tiny leaves. Use Tuscan Red to float rose flower and to shade. Highlight rose Poodleskirt Pink. Paint pupil Lamp Black. Use Snow White to paint hairs; paint eyelashes and add highlight stroke on mouth and eyes. Shade Honey Brown under nose; paint whiskers.
- 1. Base body and tail Marigold. Float bow color Tuscan Red. Use Canyon Orange to shade body; float beak color and paint smile lines below eyes. Use Lt. Buttermilk to float and dry brush body highlights. Paint eyes and beak holes Lamp Black. Use Snow White to paint hairs; dot bow and add highlight strokes. Deepen shading on bow with Tuscan Red. Using photo as guide, glue tail to back of body.
- 1. Use Avocado to float leaf and stem colors; deepen shaded areas. Base flower Soft Lilac; shade Dioxazine Purple. Paint voided space behind flower tips Lamp Black. Use Evergreen to deepen leaf shading; paint detailing. Add Snow White highlight strokes and dots.
- 1. Base flower Marigold and egg background Poodleskirt Pink. Use Avocado to float leaf; float again to shade. Add Tuscan Red pinstripes on background. Use Canyon Orange to shade flower; add detailing lines and dot flower center. Highlight flower Lt. Buttermilk; dot flower center and egg background. Shade egg background Tuscan Red. Add Snow White highlight strokes on flower and egg background. Use Evergreen to deepen shading on leaf; paint detailing.
- 1. Use Avocado to float leaf color; deepen shaded areas. Base egg edges Pistachio Mint and center area Soft Lilac. Add Lt. Buttermilk lines on green edges. Use Dioxazine Purple to sponge egg center allowing some base color to show; shade purple area edges. Shade stripe lines Honey Brown. Shade green egg ends Avocado. Use Evergreen to deepen shading on leaves; paint detailing. Use Lt. Buttermilk to float tiny flowers on purple center; dot centers Marigold; add Snow White highlight stroke and dots.
- 1. Base egg background Pistachio Mint. Float rose flower Tuscan Red. Use Poodleskirt Pink to dot egg background; highlight roses. Use Avocado to float large leaves; shade leaves and egg background edges. Use Evergreen to deepen shading on leaves; paint detailing, vines and tiny leaves. Add Snow White highlight strokes.
- 1. Base flower center Marigold and egg background areas Soft Blue. Float leaf color Avocado, then shade. Float flower petals Raspberry. Use Tuscan Red to paint red line edges and detailing. Float Honey Brown stripes on background. Shade flower center Milk Chocolate. Use Lt. Buttermilk to dot flower center end; highlight petals and flower center and dot egg edges. Use Sapphire to dot center area of egg background; shade blue egg areas. Use Evergreen to deepen shading on leaves; paint detailing, vines and tiny leaves. Add Snow White highlight strokes.
- 1. Base egg Soft Lilac. Float leaf color Avocado, then shade. Shade egg edges Dioxazine Purple; randomly dot egg. Use Lt. Buttermilk to dot flower centers and Tuscan Red to dot petals. Shade flower centers Honey Brown. Use Evergreen to deepen shading on leaves; paint detailing, flower vines, and tiny leaves. Add Snow White highlight stroke and dots.
- 1. Cut three pieces from rusty wire to run horizontally across wreath as support for bunnies. (Note: Use photo as guide for assembling.) Use glue gun to glue a layer of filler over wire. Hot glue bottom 1” of bunnies to wreath and filler. Glue thin layer of filler in front of bunnies. Glue chick in place. Glue lower tulips and eggs #2, #3, #4, and #5 in place, adding some filler between and where ever pieces need support.
- 2. Use wire edged ribbon to make a three-loop, 8-1/2”-wide bow with 18” tails; wire center leaving 8” wire ends. Attach egg #1 to bow center using metal loop and one wire end. Cut an 18” length from ribbon and wrap around center of bow and over egg loop so no metal or wire is visible; tie ends to back of bow. Wire bow to top of wreath. Cut two 12” lengths from ribbon; tie one length around each tulip metal loop and glue into bow. Loop ribbon tails and spot glue to hold in place. Trim ribbon ends. For hanger, cut 12” length from rusty wire, bend at center; twist wire to form 1” loop. Attach wire to back of wreath to form hanger.
- 3. Tie purple ribbon into 1-1/2”-wide bow; trim ends. Glue to top of chick.
- 4. Spray entire wreath with sealer; let dry and repeat.