Ristorante Italiano Paper Towel Holder
- Building shaped paper towel holder (www.patriciarawlinson.com)
- DecoArt Americana Acrylics: Antique Maroon, Avocado Dip, Black Green, Black Plum, Burnt Umber, Buttermilk, Cadmium Red, Cadmium Yellow, Cashmere Beige, Spice Pink, Deep Periwinkle, Honey Brown, Lamp (Ebony) Black, Light Buttermilk, Plantation Pine, Sable Brown, Saffron Yellow, Santa Red, Snow (Titanium) White, Toffee, Warm White, Wisteria
- Loew-Cornell: La Corneille Golden Taklon: Shader, Series 7300, #4, #12; Round, Series 7000, #2; Wash/Glaze, Series 7150, 3/4”; La Corneille Golden Taklon
- Acrylic Handle: Script Liner, Series 7050C, #18/0;Specialty: Angular Bristle, Series 244, 1/4”
- Wood sealer
- Glazing Medium
- Indoor/outdoor varnish
- Checkered stencil, 1/2”
- 1. Use mix of wood sealer + Cashmere Beige (1:1) to seal entire paper towel holder. Tape off 1-1/2” section at bottom front and sides of paper towel holder. Using glazing medium in place of water, slip slap entire surface, avoiding taped off section, with triple loaded brush of Cashmere Beige, Buttermilk, and Toffee. Dress sea sponge in glazing medium and Sable Brown; lightly sponge entire surface. Remove tape. Stencil three rows of Lamp Black checks in bottom 1-1/2” section. Highlight Buttermilk along left side of background checks.
- 2. Print out pattern; transfer corner stones, door, and outside window frames only. (Transfer details as needed.)
- 1. Use Sable Brown to shade on walls behind stones and along both inside sides. Dry brush Buttermilk highlight in center of each stone. Use Burnt Umber to outline stones and to make “cracks”.
- 1. Wash panes Burnt Umber. Use same color to shade around inside edges. Side-load #12 shader with Buttermilk and “squiggle” in curtains lifting onto chisel edge to form gathers. Repeat side-load and highlight Warm White along outside edges. Use liner and Snow White to reinforce gathers and edges. Use Burnt Umber to wash in silhouettes in bottom right window.
- 2. Base window frames and door Antique Maroon; shade Black Plum and dry brush Santa Red highlights. Use Burnt Umber to shade around inside of windows, over curtains. Add Snow White highlight shines on windows.
Awnings, Signs, and Lamp
- 1. Use Buttermilk to base awnings, signs, and inside of lamp. Add Antique Maroon awning stripes; shade Black Plum and highlight Santa Red. Use Honey Brown to shade Buttermilk stripes and inside lamp; highlight Warm White.
- 2. Use Lamp Black to base outside of lamp; dry brush Warm White highlights on right side. Use Lamp Black to paint wire and nail on door sign; highlight Warm White. Line “Aporto” wording Antique Maroon.
- 3. Outline menu to right of door Lamp Black; scribble in wording. Use Burnt Umber to shade edges of “Ristorante” sign; base framing Antique Maroon and line wording Lamp Black.
- 4. Use Sable Brown to shade on building around sign, windows, door, and lamp.
- 1. Base planter boxes: Buttermilk; use Burnt Umber to shade and create wood graining. Dry brush Lt. Buttermilk highlights.
- 2. Upper planter boxes: Stipple greenery in Plantation Pine, Black Green, and Avocado Dip. Dab in Wisteria flowers; dab in some Deep Periwinkle shading and Warm White highlights. Dab in a few flowers of Saffron Yellow and Cadmium Yellow.
- 3. Bottom planter boxes: Stipple greenery in same manner as “Upper Planter Boxes”. Dab in Saffron Yellow flowers; dab in Honey Brown shading and Cadmium Yellow highlights. Dab in a few flowers of Wisteria and Deep Periwinkle.
- 1. Use Burnt Umber to pull up vine branches. Stipple in Plantation Pine vine “shape”. Use round brush to flick in Avocado Dip and Black Green leaves. Dab flower areas first with Santa Red, then dab in Cadmium Red and Spice Pink “mushing” with your finger to soften edges. Add touches of Cadmium Yellow and Saffron Yellow flower centers.
- 1. Use Wisteria to glaze here and there in all flowers, on building, and curtains. Base roof Lamp Black.
- 2. Apply varnish.