Personalized Paintbrush Case
- Black Deluxe Brush Case from Bagworks
- Paint Brush Key Chain/Bottle Opener (#MIS110026) from Craine’s Cutouts and Crafts
- DecoArt: SoSoft Fabric Acrylics: Antique Gold, Antique Mum, Avocado Green, Baby Pink Deep, Bright Yellow, Cadmium Orange, Canary Yellow, Crimson, Dark Rose, Dioxazine Purple, Lamp Black, Lavender, Mediterranean Blue, Navy Blue, Ocean Blue, Pine Green, Pistachio Green, Pottery Brown, Warm Neutral, White, Wisteria, Yellow Green; Americana Acrylics: Antique Gold, Burnt Sienna, Dioxazine Purple, Hauser Light Green, Hauser Medium Green, Lamp (Ebony) Black, Pineapple, Snow (Titanium) White, Wisteria
- Royal & Langnickel Aqualon brushes: Shader, Series R2150, #2, #4, #6, #10; Round, Series 2250, #1, #3; Liner, Series R2595, #10/0
- DecoArt: Americana Acrylic Sealer/Finisher, Matte; SoSoft Mediums: Undercoat White, Transparent Medium
- Clear wide packing tape or contact paper
- Cardboard scrap to fit inside case when flat
- Black micron-pen, .03
- 1. For lettering on palette, use Microsoft WordArt and Curly MT font (size 54) or font of choice to print name. Font size will need to be adjusted to accommodate number of letters in your name. Enlarge palette pattern on copier as needed to accommodate large name.
- 1. Do not launder case. Use packing tape or contact paper to cover design area of pattern to prevent stylus from poking through paper. Place cardboard inside brush case. Print out pattern; transfer basic pattern lines. (Note: Retrace outlines as needed for visible image.)
- 2. Use appropriate size brushes and Undercoat White Medium to undercoat all design elements on brush case for opaque coverage. Use grey graphite paper to transfer detailing.
- 3. For bottle opener, remove keychain and set aside. Base opener with Gesso; let dry. Sand lightly. Apply one to two additional Gesso coats.
- 1. Use dry or damp brushes; fabric paint should not be thinned with water. Use Transparent Medium whenever possible to float or thin paint for washes and line-work as well as under highlighted areas to make blending easier. Unless otherwise noted, allow each step to dry before moving on. Use blow dry to force dry if desired. Remove mistakes on areas not intended to be painted immediately with a wet brush and soap. Remove mistakes on painted areas with a wet brush; if mistake is not completely removed, basecoat again.
- 2. Note: Use acrylic paints for bottle opener and fabric paints for brush case.
- 1. Use #6 shader and Hauser Lt. Green to base brush handle; shade Hauser Med. Green on handle just below ferrule. Use stylus to dip-dot three cluster Lamp Black dots; add slightly offset Snow White dots. Line Lamp Black stripes at bottom of handle.
- 2. Use #2 shader to paint Lamp Black checks on ferrule. Use #6 shader to base Antique Gold bristles; highlight Pineapple along tip of bristles and shade Burnt Sienna along bottom. Use thinned Burnt Sienna to line a few individual bristles over shaded area. Add Wisteria “paint” on tip of brush; shade Dioxazine Purple.
- 1. Use #6 shader to base Canary Yellow; shade with mix of Antique Gold + tch. of Pottery Brown. Transfer name pattern on palette, placing apostrophe and “s” to right of paint brush. Use #2 shader to paint Lamp Black checks on left edge of palette. Use liner and Lamp Black to paint lettering; use stylus to add White dip-dots. Use White to dry brush highlights here and there.
- 1. Refer to worksheet; work from bottom image up.
- 2. Bristles: (Fig. 2) Use appropriate size brushes and Bright Yellow to base bristles. (Fig. 3) Use #6 shader to shade Cadmium Orange on lower half of bristles. (Fig. 4) Use Pottery Brown to deepen shading; use White to highlight tips
- 3. For large purple brush, use #3 round to base tip Dk. Rose; use #4 shader to shade Crimson and dry brush Baby Pink Deep highlight. Use liner to add White reflection highlight.
- 4. Ferrules: (Fig. 2) Use appropriate size shaders and rounds to base with mix of White + tch. of Lamp Black. (Fig. 3) Shade with mix of Lamp Black + tch. of White. (Fig. 4) Highlight White in center. (Fig. 7) Use #1 round to add strong White reflection highlight.
- 5. Handles: (Fig. 2) Use appropriate size shaders to base purple brush handle Lavender. (Fig. 3) Shade Dioxazine Purple; deepen shading with second float if needed. Apply small amount of Transparent Medium to center of handle. (Fig. 4) Use White + tch. of Lavender to highlight center. (Fig. 5) Wipe brush dry and use dirty brush to soften highlight. (Fig. 6) Use Lamp Black, #2 shader and liner to add detailing. (Fig. 7) Use appropriate size rounds and White to dry brush reflection highlights.
- 6. Use Mediterranean Blue to base blue brush handle; shade Navy Blue and highlight Ocean Blue. Dry brush White reflection highlights and use liner to add Lamp Black detailing.
- 7. Use mix of Cadmium Orange + Warm Neutral (2:1) to base orange handle; shade Pottery Brown and highlight Warm Neutral. Dry brush White reflection highlights and use liner to add Lamp Black detailing.
Paint Splotches (Letters B, R, S, E)
- 1. Orange: Base with mix of Cadmium Orange + Warm Neutral (2:1); shade Pottery Brown. Apply Transparent Medium to center then blend in mix of Cadmium Orange + Warm Neutral (1:1) to highlight center.
- 2. Pink: Base Dk. Rose; shade Crimson. Apply Transparent Medium to center then blend in Baby Pink Deep to highlight.
- 3. Purple: Base Lavender; shade Dioxazine Purple. Apply Transparent Medium to center then blend in a touch of Wisteria to highlight.
- 4. Blue: Base Mediterranean blue; shade Navy Blue. Apply Transparent Medium to center then blend in a touch of Ocean Blue to highlight.
- 5. All Splotches: Use #1 round to add strong White reflection highlights.
- 1. Base eraser Cadmium Orange. Base yellow area Canary Yellow. Base sharpened end Antique Mum; shade Pottery Brown. Dry brush White highlight down center of yellow area. Dry brush Warm Neutral in center of eraser. Use mix of Lamp Black + White (1:1) to base lead tip and metal band; while wet, blend a touch of White to highlight. Use liner to add Lamp Black detailing.
- 1. Base Avocado Green; shade Pine Green. Use #2 shader to paint Lamp Black checks; line above and below checks. Apply Transparent Medium in center then blend in Yellow Green to highlight; begin in center and fade out toward shaded areas. Use Pistachio Green to dry brush additional highlight down center.
- 2. Use liner and mix of White + tch. of Lamp Black to paint wire handle and rim. Shade with touch of Lamp Black and highlight with touch of White. Use #1 round to base wooden handle Cadmium Orange; shade Pottery Brown and dry brush White highlight.
- 3. Use Dk. Rose to base paint brush handle; shade Crimson and use #1 to dry brush with a touch of Baby Pink Deep.
- 1. Base green area Avocado Green; shade Pine Green. Apply Transparent Medium in center then blend in a touch of Pistachio Green to highlight. Base label Lavender; shade Dioxazine Purple. Apply Transparent Medium in center of label then blend in a touch of Wisteria to highlight. Use micron-pen to add detailing to label. Use #1 round to add strong White reflection highlights.
- 2. Base cap with mix of Lamp Black + White (1:1); shade Lamp Black. Use liner and White to add detailing.
Tape Measure “S”
- 1. Base Canary Yellow; shade with mix of Antique Gold + tch. of Pottery Brown and use #1 to dry brush White highlights. Use micron-pen to add detailing.
- 1. Allow paint to dry at least 48 hours. Do not launder case.
- 2. Spray bottle with several sealer coats.