Inspiration Angel Box
- Herb Planter Box with Insert (#61730, 8-5/8”x2-1/2”x3-5/8”) from The Artist’s Club
- DecoArt Americana Acrylics: Butter, Buttermilk, Citron Green, Cocoa, Cool White, Grape Juice, Hauser Light Green, Lamp (Ebony) Black, Lavender, Moon Yellow
- Royal & Langnickel brushes: Aqualon: Angular, Series R2160, 1/4”, 3/8”, 1/2”; Glaze Wash, Series R2700, 1”; Majestic: Shader, Series R4150, #2, #4, #8; Mini Majestic: Round, Series 4200R, #3/0, #2; Angular, Series 4200L, 12/0; Signature Series: Bobbie’s Blender, Series RBobbie, SM, LG
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Multi-Purpose Sealer; DecoArt DuraClear Varnish, Satin
- J.W. etc.: Wood Filler; Painter’s Finishing Wax
- Krylon Matte Finish
- Sakura Black Permanent Marking Pen, .005
- 1. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to apply wood filler to all end grain wood sections and nail holes; let dry. Sand until smooth; wipe dust. Apply sealer over entire surface; let dry. Sand lightly; wipe dust. Base entire box and insert Cool White for opaque coverage. Shade Hauser Lt. Green along outer edges of insert.
- 2. Print out patterns; transfer basic angel pattern lines onto insert and zebra pattern onto sides and back of box. (Transfer details as needed.)
- 1. (Note: Use painter’s tape for each band making sure paint is completely dry before applying tape to next section.) Paint zebra stripes Lamp Black. (Note: To avoid ridge at edge of stripes, pull paint from edge into stripe instead of starting and stopping on edge.) Paint purple band Lavender and green band Hauser Lt. Green.
- 1. Hands, Face, and Feet: Base each Buttermilk. Use mini angular and mix of Buttermilk + Cocoa (1:1) to shade feet against dress and shoes, face under hair, and hands against sleeves and along right edges. Use same mix to add small C-stroke cheeks.
- 2. Dress and Shoes: Use 3/0 round to paint zebra stripes Lamp Black. Base purple sections Lavender. Use Grape Juice to shade around front sleeve, bottom edge of front sleeve, under wing, against middle zebra stripe, and along top and bottom edges of dress; carry shading across zebra stripes on dress and sleeves. Base green stripes and shoes Citron Green; shade Hauser Lt. Green along top edge of shoes, both edges of dress stripes, and bottom edges of sleeve stripes.
- 3. Wings: Base Butter; shade Lavender and highlight Cool White along top edge of front wing.
- 4. Hair: Base Moon Yellow; shade individual Cocoa curls.
- 5. Banner: Using photos as guide, base worded areas Butter and shade Moon Yellow. Base darker undersides Moon Yellow and shade Cocoa.
- 1. Use marking pen to add all detailing lines, facial features, and words. Add Lamp Black dots to letters and tiny Cool White highlight dots to cheeks and eyes. Add Hauser Lt. Green stylus hearts and dots. Add random Grape Juice tri-dots.
- 2. Apply mist of finish to prevent smudging. Apply two to three varnish coats. Follow manufacturer’s directions to apply wax to side and bottom slots for ease of sliding insert.