Grocery List Clipboard
- Clipboard, 9”x12-1/2”
- DecoArt Americana Acrylics: Antique Green, Antique White, Asphaltum, Burgundy Wine, Burnt Umber, Camel, Fawn, Lamp (Ebony) Black, Light Buttermilk, Marigold, Oxblood, Plantation Pine, Raw Sienna, Royal Purple, Sand, Shale Green, Tangelo Orange, Tangerine
- FM Dynasty brushes: Black Gold, Series 206: Shader, #4, #8, #10; Flat Wash, 3/4”; Script, #10/0; Angular, 1/4”, 3/8”; Decorator Collection: Mini Mop, Series 400, 1/4”, 1/2”
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Sealer/Finisher, Matte
- The Creative Coach: Checks Stencil (#BCS105); Stencil Brush, 1/4”
- 1. Print out pattern; transfer inner rectangle line only. (Transfer details as needed.) Base center of board Antique White and outer band Antique Green. Stencil Fawn checks on Antique Green band. Let dry. Use Lt. Buttermilk to stencil checks again on inner edge as shown. Let dry. Tri-dot check corners Antique White. Shade Shale Green along outer edges of Antique Green band and shade Burnt Umber along outer edges of Antique White area.
- 1. Use stencil brush for all dry brushing and stippling. Use angular brushes for all shading and highlighting. Soften shading with mop brush over water’s edge. All line work is done using script liner.
- 1. Base oil with wash of Marigold. Base cork (avoiding bottle rim) Sand; shade Asphaltum and highlight Lt. Buttermilk. Add tiny Asphaltum dots. Float Lt. Buttermilk wash along outside edge of oil bottle. Base label Marigold; shade Raw Sienna along bottom edge and highlight Lt. Buttermilk along top. Dot screws and line lettering Lamp Black.
- 1. Base Burgundy Wine; shade Royal Purple and dry brush Royal Purple. Dry brush Lt. Buttermilk highlights. Base stems Burgundy Wine; line bottom edge of stems Royal Purple. Float Shale Green leaves; shade Plantation Pine to darken a bit. Line veins Burgundy Wine.
- 1. Base Sand; shade Burnt Umber along bottom edge near potato, repeat with a bit of Asphaltum to darken. Shade Raw Sienna along top edge. Line “skin” with thinned Raw Sienna. Dry brush Lt. Buttermilk highlight through center Shade Asphaltum along bottom edge of stem and highlight Lt. Buttermilk along top edge.
- 1. Base Tangelo Orange; shade Oxblood along bottom edge and highlight Tangerine along top. Use Oxblood to add detailing lines. Dry brush each Tangerine; repeat with a bit of Marigold. Line stems Plantation Pine. Stipple leaves with Plantation Pine and Shale Green.
- 1. Base Camel; shade Raw Sienna along bottom edge and dry brush Raw Sienna. Very lightly dry brush Lt. Buttermilk. Use Burnt Umber to line potato eyes.
- 1. Base Sand; shade Asphaltum and highlight Lt. Buttermilk. Add tiny Asphaltum dots.
- 1. Base “List” Antique Green; shade Shale Green along bottom edge and shade Plantation Pine along top. Use Lt. Buttermilk to add thin highlight line along left side and to add dots. Base “Grocery” Lamp Black; add thin Lt. Buttermilk highlight line and dots.
- 1. Use Burnt Umber to shade behind vegetables and oil bottle; shade behind vegetables overlapping each other.
- 2. Apply several varnish coats.