Korean Foo Dog Statue
- AMACO Balsa Foam: three 6”x9”x1/2” sheets
- AMACO EZ Grip Modeling Tools
- Acrylic paints: black, dark brown
- White craft glue
scissors, ruler, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Cut balsa foam sheets in half, creating six 6”x4-1/2”x1/2” sheets. Glue sheets together, creating 3”x4-1/2”x6” block. (Note: Designer inserted toothpicks into cut sheets to help hold together.) Let dry.
- Use pencil to draw face and legs on dog. Mark areas off to carve.
- Use carving tools to carve out sections on dog. Remove large areas first.
- Use damp paper towel to remove dust from dog. On covered work surface, apply gesso on dog. Let dry.
- Paint dog black. Let dry. Use sponge scrap to lightly highlight areas of dog dark brown. Let dry.