- 5”x7” frame
- Old jewelry box (optional: matt board to create box)
- White cardstock
- Old sheet music (optional: wallpaper, scrapbook paper or fabric)
- Vintage clip art or photo
- Wooden dowel
- Floral foam
- Crystal dangle
- Jeweled picks, charms, broken jewelry items
- Tissue festooning garland
- Vintage beaded trim
- Silk ribbon
- Computer and printer
- Paint or stain
- Hot glue gun
- Wire and wire cutter
- Adhesives: glue sticks, Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
knife (to cut foam)
- To create a shadow box, choose an old 5”x7” frame and paint or stain to fit your theme or décor. Adhere vintage beaded trim to the inset of the frame.
- For the box base, use an old jewelry box or construct one from matt board. Cover the box base with old sheet music (as shown), wallpaper, scrapbook paper or fabric.
- For the focal point, use either vintage clip art (available from thevintageworkshop.com or craftysecrets.com) or a photo. Print the image or photo to the desired size and cut out, eliminating any background.
- For banner, use computer to print desired text on cardstock; trim and mat as desired.
- Cut floral foam to fit on lower base of box. Hot glue tissue festooning garland to cover floral foam. Insert jeweled picks or painted twigs into foam as desired.
- Hot glue wooden dowel to back of printed image, extending, 1” beyond bottom of image. Apply glue to dowel end and insert into foam.
- For hanger, hot glue silk ribbon lengths to top back of box and tie bow with dangling crystal.
- For dangles, thread charms and broken jewelry onto wire and adhere wire ends to bottom of box.