Too-Cute Tortoise Card
- Cardstock or construction paper: red, brown, lime green, tan
- White string, 10” length
- Wiggle eye
- Scallop-edge scissors
- Heart craft punches: 1/2”, 1-1/4”
- Hole punch
- API Crafter’s Pick The Ultimate! Glue
scissors, ruler, black marker
- Measure and cut 6”x11” lime green paper piece. Fold in half, creating 6”x5-1/2” card.
- Print out patterns. Cut patterns from paper as indicated; trim bottom edge of shell with scallop-edge scissors.
- Cut turtle body from folded card, placing tail on fold. Outline outside and inside of body, and outside of shell, with marker. Adhere shell to body on card front.
- Punch six 1-1/4” hearts from red paper. Adhere hearts to shell as shown. Outline hearts and add details with black marker.
- Punch 1/2” heart from red paper (cheek). Adhere cheek and eye to face. Use marker to draw mouth and to outline cheek.
- Use marker to write “I think you’re great!” on red paper. Use scallop-edge scissors to trim around saying; outline with marker. Adhere saying inside folded card.
- For tag, measure and cut 1-1/4”x2” tan paper rectangle. Draw outline around tag and write “I am slow to say...” on center. Punch hole in tag. Insert white string through hole and tie around turtle’s neck.
- 1. Punch hearts for shell from glitter paper or decorate with glitter glue for extra sparkle!