Flirty Fun Flamingo
- Cardstock or construction paper: white, light pink, bright pink, light blue, bright blue
- Black/white striped ribbon, 13” length
- Pink chenille stems, two
- Feathers: light pink, bright pink
- Wiggle eye
- Decorative-edge scissors
- Hole punch
- API Crafter’s Pick The Ultimate! Glue
scissors, ruler, black marker
- Print out pattern. Cut body from 5” folded pink paper square.
- For message inside body, cut body shape from 4” folded white paper square. Use decorative-edge scissors to trim message. Use black marker to write “YOU ARE SPECIAL” inside. Glue message inside folded body shape.
- Use black marker to draw outline on head and color beak. Glue beak and wiggle eye on head.
- Measure and cut one 4-1/2” length and two 6” lengths from pink chenille stem. Use hole punch to punch holes as indicated on body and head. Insert neck through hole on head; twist ends on back. Insert legs through holes on body; twist ends on back. Bend one leg upward.
- For tag, measure and cut 1”x2-1/2” white paper rectangle. Write “A big birdie told me” on tag. Punch hole on tag. Measure and cut 13” ribbon length. Insert ribbon end through hole; tie bow around neck.
- Glue feathers on front of body.
- For card backing, measure and cut 5”x11” lt. blue rectangle and 2”x5” bright blue rectangle (water). Use decorative-edge scissors to trim long edge of water. Glue water along bottom of rectangle. Glue flamingo on center of rectangle.
- Cut five tiny bright pink paper hearts. Glue hearts around flamingo.