Conversational Heart Magnets
- Polyform Sculpey Polymer Clay: Yellow, Pistachio, Dusty Rose, Orange, Lavender
- Metal heart cookie cutter, 3”
- Red acrylic paint
- Clay-dedicated rolling pin
- Parchment-lined baking sheet
- Optional: Rubber alphabet letter stamps
- Craft glue
scissors, ruler, wax paper, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- 1. Adults, help kids when baking clay in oven.
- 1. On clean work surface, remove clay from packages. To condition, roll clay separately in hands until soft, bending and rolling until pliable. If clay cracks, keep conditioning.
- 2. On wax paper-covered work surface, roll clay into balls. Use rolling pin to roll clay into 1/8”-thick sheets. Use heart cookie cutter to cut hearts from clay colors.
- 3. Use rubber alphabet stamps to stamp words into clay hearts. (Examples: sweet, love, be mine, love bug, for you, hi there, friend, cutie, etc.)
- 4. Position hearts on parchment-lined baking sheet. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to bake hearts in oven. Let cool.
- 5. On covered work surface, paint stamped sayings with red paint. Let dry.
- 6. Glue magnet on back of each heart.