Critter Love Bug Bags
- White paper favor bags, 3”x5”, three
- Craft foam: white, red
- Construction paper or cardstock: yellow, white, black, pink
- Large conversation heart candies
- Wiggle eyes, six
- Chenille stems, three
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Lamp Black, Purple Cow, Napthol Red, Saffron Yellow
- Sizzix Die-Cut Machine and Dies: Hearts Tipsy, Heart Flowers, Heart Scallop
- Paper glue
scissors, ruler, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- On covered work surface, paint outside of bags Saffron Yellow (bee), Purple Cow (butterfly), and Napthol Red and Lamp Black (ladybug). Let dry.
- For antennae, cut chenille stems in half. Twist chenille stems around pencil to coil. Adhere antennae on top edge of each bag. Adhere wiggle eyes on center of bags.
- For bee, measure and cut four 1/2”x5-1/4” black paper strips (stripes). Adhere stripes, evenly spaced, across bag. For wings, use Scallop Heart die to cut two white foam hearts and Tipsy Heart die to cut two yellow paper hearts. Adhere yellow hearts on white hearts. Adhere wings on front of bee.
- For butterfly, use Scallop Heart die to cut two white foam hearts and Tipsy Heart die to cut two pink paper hearts and two white paper hearts. Adhere white paper hearts on pink hearts. Adhere pink hearts on white foam hearts. Adhere wings on front of butterfly.
- For ladybug, use Scallop Heart die to cut two red foam hearts and Heart Flowers die to cut 10 black paper hearts. Adhere black hearts randomly on red foam hearts. Adhere red hearts on front of ladybug.
- Adhere conversation heart candies down center of wings. Let dry.
- 1. If die-cut machine is not available, freehand draw and cut hearts from paper.