Alien Love Rockets
- Recycled plastic bottles
- Cardstock, in colors of choice
- Polyform Sculpey III Polymer Clay: Sour Apple, Black, White
- Plastic-coated wire: black, silver
- Silver tinsel, small amount
- Red felt, scrap
- Clay-dedicated rolling pin
- Parchment-lined baking sheet
- Hole punch
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
scissors, ruler, black marker
- 1. Adults, help kids when baking clay in oven.
- 1. On clean work surface, remove clay from packages. To condition, roll clay separately in hands until soft, bending and rolling until pliable. If clay cracks, keep conditioning.
- 2. For alien, roll 1/2” Sour Apple clay ball (head), 1/4” White clay ball (eye), three tiny Black clay balls (pupil and antenna ends). Press head and eyes flat. Press eyes on head. Roll mouth into skinny log; press on head. Cut two 1” wire lengths. Insert wire ends into head; press remaining black balls onto antenna ends.
- 3. Position alien on parchment-lined baking sheet. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to bake alien in oven. Let cool. Spot glue antenna ends (if needed).
- 4. Measure and cut 2” from top of plastic bottle. Measure and cut 2”x8” cardstock rectangle (for rocket body). Glue rocket body around plastic bottle. Let dry.
- 5. Print out pattern.
- 6. Use black marker to outline rock side pieces. Fold rocket sides on lines as indicated on pattern. Glue rocket sides on rocket body.
- 7. Glue alien head on center of rocket body. Measure and cut 8” tinsel length; glue tinsel around top of rocket.
- 8. Use hole punch to punch hole on either side of rocket body. Measure and cut 8” black wire length. Insert wire ends in holes; twist on inside.
- 9. Glue felt heart onto side of rocket. Let dry.