Polar Bear Ornament
- Dow STYROFOAM Brand Foam: 4” egg, 1-1/2” ball
- White sports sock
- Inexpensive stretch glove
- Acrylic stuffing, small amount
- Thread, coordinating colors
- Small black beads, two
- Black felt, scrap
- Gold cording or thread
scissors, serrated knife, bar of soap, twist ties, sewing needle
- 1. Adults, help kids when using knife. Wax serrated knife with soap. Cut small slice from wide end of 4” egg so egg can stand upright. Cut small slice from narrow end. Cut small slice from side of 1-1/2” ball.
- 2. Twist together cut sides of egg and ball to fit together snugly. Glue head on body.
- 3. Print out patterns.
- 4. When finished, add small greenery if desired. Attach gold cording on top of ornaments for hanger.
- 1. Cut body from white sports sock. With right sides together, sew along seam. Clip seam and turn right side out.
- 2. With seam centered at back and end of seam line at nose area, pull sock tightly down over body. Push head down into toe of white sock. Pull sock tightly around body. Gather sock together under bottom of polar bear and wrap twist-tie around sock. Trim away excess sock. Remove twist-tie and push scissors point into bottom of polar bear. Apply glue into hole. Use scissors point to push edges of sock into hole. Use craft pins to hold.
- 3. Cut four paws and two ears from white sports sock. With right sides together, sew fabric together; clip and turn. Stuff parts with acrylic stuffing.
- 4. Glue front paws and ears on body following instructions for penguin wings. Glue back paws flat on bottom of body.
- 5. Cut tiny black felt nose. Glue nose on face. Glue black beads (eyes) above nose.
- 6. Cut scarf from stretchy glove. Tie scarf around neck.