Photo Frame Ornament
- Polyform Premo! Sculpey: Pomegranate; Clay Accents: Bright Green Pearl, Pearl
- Red adhesive-back rhinestone
- Ornament hanger
- JustRite Stampers: Autumn Blessings Stamp Set, Curls Font Stamp Set (50pt)
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Asphaltum, Titanium White
- Beacon Adhesives: (527) Multi-Use Glue
- Old or promo credit card (for cutter)
- Clay-dedicated rolling pin
- Parchment-lined baking sheet
scissors, paintbrush, toothpick, paper towel, ruler
- Print out patterns onto cardstock; cut out using scissors. Trace outside of small oval on photo. Cut just inside traced line; set photo aside.
- On clean work surface, condition Bright Green Pearl clay using clay-dedicated rolling pin; roll clay to 1/8” thickness. Position largest oval onto Bright Green Pearl clay; cut around oval. Remove oval, smooth edges and use round toothpick to create ridges along edges. Use toothpick to poke hole on top of ornament (for hanger).
- Condition Pomegranate and roll to 1/8” thickness. Press stamp into clay, remove stamp. Cut around inside and outside of stamped image using old credit card; remove excess and smooth edges with finger.
- Condition Pearl clay and roll to 1/8” thickness. Press “2011” number stamps into clay; remove stamps. Use old credit card to cut rectangle around numbers. Cut one end of rectangle like banner as shown.
- Adults help kids when baking clay in oven. Position clay pieces on parchment-lined baking sheet and follow manufacturer’s instructions to bake in oven. Let cool.
- On covered work surface, paint Titanium White on surface of Pomegranate frame; use paper towel to wipe off excess. Paint Asphaltum onto surface of Pearl piece; wipe off excess. Let dry. Adhere rhinestone.
- Glue photo inside frame and frame on panel. Glue year on bottom of frame. Insert ornament hanger in hole on top.
- 1. Glue magnets on back of frame to use as refrigerator magnet throughout the year!