- Vintage finds: 2” long flat key; 1/2” ladies’ watch face
- Swarovski crystals: one 6mm Teal faceted round bead; two 4mm Teal bicones; three 3mm flat-backed rhinestones (two crystal, one brown)
- Brass spoked gear charm, 5/8”
- Charms: Vintaj Violet Sprig Fastenables; Vintaj Busy Bee; silver bird
- Copper ball beads, six 3mm
- Copper wire, 24-gauge
- Copper cable chain, 18” length
- Copper findings: pinwheel bead cap; two 1/4” nail head rivets; two 3/4” round blanks; 1/4” filigree bead cap; two 5mm daisy spacers; 22mm antique hook and eye clasp
- Light turquoise silk ribbon, 1/8”-wide: 14” length
- Brass texture plate: floral
- Round-nose pliers and chain-nose pliers
- Wire cutters
- Jeweler’s bench block and hammer
- Helicopter metal hole punch, 1.6mm hole
- Beadalon Bead Stringing Glue
black marker, ruler
- Texture copper blanks by hammering them on top of texture plate.
- Use helicopter punch to make hole in center of copper blank. Slide rivet through pinwheel bead cap, gear, and copper blank. Turn stack over and trim end of rivet to 3mm. Hammer end flat. Glue crystal rhinestone to nail head. Punch hole in top of blank.
- Hammer bead cap flat. Layer bee charm and flattened bead cap on second copper blank. Make mark on copper blank through hole of bee charm. Punch hole in blank. Slide rivet through bee charm, bead cap, and copper blank. Rivet as before. Glue rhinestone to nail head. Punch hole in top of blank.
- Glue watch face to key. Glue brown rhinestone to center of watch face.
- Hang key from center of chain using wrapped-loop component. To do this, cut 3” piece of wire and twist loop about 1” from end using round-nose pliers. Slide key into loop, then wrap end of wire twice around stem and trim. Slide teal round bead onto stem and make another loop. Slide loop onto chain link. Finish with two wire wraps; trim ends.
- Skip one link of chain to right of key and hang gear-riveted blank using wrapped-loop component featuring ball bead, daisy spacer, and ball bead. Skip another link of chain and attach bird charm with wrapped-loop component featuring teal bicone.
- Skip one link of chain to left of key and hang Violet Sprig charm with wrapped-loop component featuring ball bead, daisy spacer, and ball bead. Skip link and attach bee-riveted blank with wrapped-loop component featuring teal bicone.
- Attach each end of clasp to chain with wrapped-loop components with remaining ball beads. Cut six 2” lengths of ribbon. Tie ribbon pieces in simple knots on either side of each component on chain; trim ribbon ends.
- 1. Another way to add texture to copper plate is to hammer it with a metal punch stamp.