Embroidered Dove Stocking
- National Nonwovens WoolFelt: two 10”x15” Red, one 5/8”x5” Red, two 4-1/2”x5-1/2” White, one 2” square Green, one 1”x2” Gold
- DMC Pearl Cotton 5 colors: 309, 310, 910, 912
- DMC Pearl Cotton 5 Color Variations: 4050
- DMC Color Infusions Memory Thread: 6210 Metallic Silver
- DMC Silver Spooled Thread Art: 283
- DMC: chenille needles size #22; embroidery needle size #10
- DMC embroidery scissors
straight pins, scissors, quick-drying clear craft glue, transfer paper, measuring tape or ruler
- Print out patterns. Transfer doves onto white, beaks onto gold, and leaves onto green felt. Cut out patterns and set aside.
- Transfer stocking pattern, swirl designs and branches onto 10”x15” piece of red felt.
- Stem stitch the swirls with P5 color 4050 and the branches in color 910.
- Following the design, glue leaves and doves into place. Let dry.
- Backstitch veins on leaves in color 912.
- Cut two 26” and two 3” lengths of Silver Memory Thread. Beginning at largest “v” on dove’s tail, bend Memory Thread into shape and couch along outside edge of each dove as illustrated using silver thread. Bend 3” lengths between wings and couch into place using silver thread. Trim excess Memory Thread and secure silver thread on back.
- Embroider eyes with French knot in color 310.
- Glue gold beaks into place over branches. Let dry.
- Pin 10”x15” pieces of felt together and cut out stocking pattern.
- Embroider outside edges together with whipstitch using color 309. Secure ends and clip excess threads.
- To make hanger, fold 5/8”x5” felt strip in half and glue onto inside edges of stocking. Let dry.