Vintage Wine Charms & Sewn Wine Bag
- Wine charms
- Sculpey Premo! Accents: Antique Gold, Pearl
- Assorted small beads
- Lisa Pavelka Vintage Waterslide Transfers
- Round hoops (silver or gold)
- Wine bag
- Home decorator fabrics, in two coordinating prints, two 14”x16”
- Heavy-duty interfacing, 14”x16”
- National Nonwovens WoolFelt: Barnyard Red, 4”x15”
- Ribbon, 24” length
- Sculpey Translucent Liquid
- DecoArt Americana DuraClear Gloss Varnish
- Textured stamp
- Clay roller or rolling pin
- Parchment-lined baking sheet
- Scalloped rotary cutter and self-healing mat
- Sewing machine
- Aleene’s Fabric Fusion
paintbrush, knife, scissors, iron, tape measure, ruler
- 1. Roll out Antique Gold clay to 1/4” thickness. Using sharp knife and ruler, cut out six 1-1/4”x1-1/2” rectangles. Smooth edges with fingers gently and make hole near the top center using toothpick.
- 2. Choose desired waterslide transfers and carefully cut each one out. Wet back side of water transfer with damp finger. Let soak for about 1 minute. Lay transfer on center of clay rectangle and gently slide backing off. Adjust into place. Repeat with other five charms.
- 3. Make frame corners by rolling Pearl clay to 1/8” thickness. Using any stamp with textured pattern, stamp clay. Use sharp knife to cut triangles that have 3/8” sides. Cut curve across front of triangle. Place frame corners on all four corners of wine charm, blending edges slightly with fingers.
- 4. Coat face of wine charm with Translucent Liquid. Bake on parchment-lined baking sheet following manufacturer’s instructions. When cool, coat entire charm with two coats gloss varnish. Let dry.
- 5. Insert end of round hoop through hole on charm; thread beads onto hoop. Close ends.
- 1. Cut decorator fabric rectangles and heavy interfacing into 4”x12” rectangles.
- 2. Trace around bottom of wine bottle and cut circle (for bottom of bag) from each fabric and interfacing.
- 3. With right sides of 12” edges pinned together, stitch side seam of cylinder. Turn inside out. Pin right side of one decorator fabric circle to right side of cylinder. Stitch and turn right side out.
- 4. Position heavy-duty interfacing against wrong side of decorator fabric and repeat process, making cylinder with interface-lined home decorator fabric. Turn right side out.
- 5. To connect lining to outer cylinder, turn interior cylinder inside out and slide exterior cylinder inside. Pin top raw edges together and stitch along edges. Using seam ripper, carefully open side seam 3” and pull outer cylinder through opening. Push lining inside.
- 6. Cut Barnyard Red felt into 2”x15” rectangle using scalloped rotary cutter. Fold in half lengthwise; cut 1/4”-wide slits, every 1”, in center of felt rectangle.
- 7. Weave ribbon through slits so two ends meet in center of wool strip. Glue felt strip 1/2” from rim. Pull ribbon snug and tie into bow. Trim ends