- Dried corncob
- Raffia, small amount
- Artificial silk leaves, three
- Small straw hat
- Red buttons, three
- Wooden dowel, 1/2”x6”
- Green craft wire
- Jute twine
- Wire cutters
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Light Buttermilk, Blue Violet, Holly Green
- Dimensional paints: black, orange
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
paintbrush, craft knife, scissors, ruler, pencil, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Remove any leftover corn kernels from cob. Let dry for one day.
- On covered work surface, paint pointed end of cob Light Buttermilk. Let dry. Paint center of cob and wooden dowel length Holly Green. Paint remaining end of cob Blue Violet. Let dry.
- Adults, help kids when using craft knife. Carve out portion of green area on back of cob large enough for wooden dowel to fit. Glue dowel into carved portion and let set.
- Glue raffia on ends of sleeves, bottom of cob (for feet), and top of cob (for hair). Let dry.
- Glue straw hat on head. Glue small leaves and button onto hat. Glue other two buttons onto front of shirt. Glue jute bow on shirt.
- Add dots of orange dimensional paint on shirt and sleeves. Let dry. Add a triangle section of orange paint for nose. Add dots of black dimensional paint for eyes and mouth. Let dry.
- Adults, help kids when using wire cutters. Cut 12” green craft wire length. Cut wire ends. Wrap wire ends over ends of sleeves as shown.