- Unique Woods Square Wood Frame (P111), 10”
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Asphaltum, Canyon Orange, Dioxazine Purple, Festive Green, Foliage Green, Hauser Dark Green, Mustard Seed, Orange Twist, Tuscan Red, Warm White; Dazzling Metallics: Emperor’s Gold, Splendid Gold
- Loew-Cornell La Corneille: Golden Taklon brushes: Series 7050 Script Liner 10/0; Series 7350 Liners #2, 4; Series 7400 Angular Shaders 1/4”, 3/8”, 1/2”; Series 7500 Filbert #4, 8, 12; Series 7550 Wash 1”; Series 2014 Scumbler #2; Series 7650 Spotter 3/0
- DecoArt: Renaissance Brown Metallic Glaze, Multi-Purpose Sealer
- Krylon Spray: Matte Finish
tracing paper, sandpaper, tack cloth, white graphite paper, double-ended stylus, small sponge roller, paper towels, sea silk sponge, palette paper, palette knife, white eraser
- 1. Lightly sand frame and wipe with tack cloth. Apply sealer; let dry.
- 2. Basecoat front and sides of frame Emperor’s Gold using small sponge roller. Let dry and apply second coat. Basecoat back of frame Asphaltum.
- 3. Apply thin layer of Renaissance Brown on front and sides of frame using large flat. While glaze is still wet, crumple paper towel and wipe away glaze leaving sheer layer of color. (Note: Do not wipe away glaze from removable center.)
- 4. Use sea silk sponge to pounce Splendid Gold randomly on front of frame. Let dry. Float/shade around outer and center edges Asphaltum using 1/2” angular.
- 5. Print out patterns. Trace pattern onto tracing paper. Trace main pattern lines onto front of frame using stylus and white graphite paper.
- 1. For pumpkins, basecoat sections Canyon Orange using #12 filbert. Outline sections Asphaltum using 10/0 liner. Float/shade down both sides of section lines (except for outside edges) Tuscan Red using 3/8” angular. Drybrush highlights on center of each section with Orange Twist and then lighten with Mustard Seed using #8 filbert. Float/shade Tuscan Red across bottom of pumpkins bringing color up onto center of each pumpkin. Use #2 liner and 2:1 mixture of Warm White + Asphaltum to paint stems. Outline stems Asphaltum. Drybrush highlights on each section 1:1 mixture of Warm White + Mustard Seed using #2 liner. Float/shade bottom of each stem Asphaltum.
- 2. Basecoat pumpkin leaves 2:1 mixture of Festive Green + Hauser Dark Green. Line in vein lines, stem, and tendril with 2:1 mixture of Hauser Dark Green + Asphaltum. Stroke in tiny comma highlights with 1:1 mixture of Festive Green + Foliage Green using 10/0 liner. Float/shade along vein lines with sheer float of Dioxazine Purple. Outline edges and highlight vein lines and tendril with Splendid Gold.
- 3. Basecoat goldenrod leaves with 1:1 mixture of Foliage Green + Hauser Dark Green using #4 filbert. Float/shade bottom of leaves Hauser Dark Green using 1/4” angular shader. Line in vein lines and outline bottom edges with 2:1 mixture of Hauser Dark Green + Dioxazine Purple. Drybrush highlights and line top edge with Foliage Green.
- 4. For goldenrod, pick up Mustard Seed on brush and dab clusters to form flower shapes using 3/0 spotter. Highlight top edges with dabs of Warm White. Float/shade bottom of flowers first with Canyon Orange and then deepen with Tuscan Red. Line in vein lines over flowers.
- 5. Basecoat berry leaves 1:1 mixture of Foliage Green + Festive Green. Line stems with Asphaltum. Float/shade tips with sheer float of Dioxazine Purple then outline. Float/shade bottom of leaves with Festive Green and darken with Hauser Dark Green. Drybrush highlight Mustard Seed and then again with Splendid Gold.
- 6. Basecoat berries Tuscan Red. Float/shade bottoms with 2:1 mixture of Dioxazine Purple + Asphaltum and then again with Dioxazine Purple. Float highlight on top edge Canyon Orange. Add small amount water to Tuscan Red and wash over berries to brighten. Using large end of stylus, tap in Splendid Gold highlight dot on top edge of each berry. Let dry, then use smaller end of stylus to make tiny indentation on each highlight dot. Stroke in tiny highlight on indentation with Warm White.
- 7. For snowball flowers, line in stems Asphaltum. Use #2 scumbler and stipple in 4:1 mixture of Mustard Seed + Asphaltum to form circles for flowers. Float/shade bottoms with Dioxazine Purple. Stipple highlights on flower tops with Mustard Seed and then lighten with Warm White.
- 8. Use large end of stylus and tap Emperor’s Gold dots throughout design. Let dry. Tap Tuscan Red dot on top.
- 9. For lettering, basecoat letters Canyon Orange using #4 liner. Drybrush shade Tuscan Red on left side of each letter. Drybrush highlights Orange Twist on other side of letter. Lighten again with Mustard Seed. Outline Asphaltumn next to Tuscan Red and outline Splendid Gold next to Mustard Seed. Add Splendid Gold highlight dots on tops of capital letters.
- 1. Allow paint to cure. Erase any graphite lines with white eraser. Varnish with two coats of matte spray.