Rubber Stamper's Studio - Watermark Resist Card
- Cardstock, 8-1/2”x11”: white, plum
- Pearls: light purple, white
- Prima Marketing Inc. Gwenlyn Camelot Rose
- Silk ribbon: white, lavender
- White twine
- Die-cutting system and dies: Spellbinders Paper Arts Shapeabilities Fancy Tags Two, Memory Box Delicate Vine
- Provo Craft Cuttlebug Kassie’s Brocade Embossing Folder
- Marvy Uchida Corner Rounder Punch
- Stamps: Layers of Color Happy Wishes; Verses Rubber Stamps Think Lovely Thoughts; Hero Arts® Classic Fabric Design, Large Fabric Design, Antique Engravings Animal & Sealife, Friend Definition
- Ink Pads: Tsukineko VersaMark and Sweet Plum Memento, Ranger Jet Black Archival
- Tattered Angels Dewberry Glimmer Mist
- Clear embossing powder
- Adhesives: paper adhesive, clear dots, foam dots
paper trimmer, detail scissors, ruler, paper towel, waxed paper, heat tool
- 1. Make plum top-fold card; round bottom corners.
- 2. Cut smaller white cardstock panel and emboss with brocade texture. Adhere to card.
- 3. Stamp Friend Definition background onto separate sheet of white cardstock using Sweet Plum ink; heat set ink.
- 4. Overstamp dry definition background with Classic Fabric Design using VersaMark ink. Heat emboss image with clear powder; let cool. See Fig. 1.
- 5. Drag Sweet Plum ink pad directly across embossed area to color negative space; embossed area will resist ink. See Fig. 2. Buff embossed area with paper towel to remove ink. Trim background to 4”x6” and adhere to card.
- 6. Die cut fancy tag and two vine borders from white cardstock. For delicate dies, try adding a layer of waxed paper between die and cardstock to prevent sticking.
- 7. Stamp Sweet Plum sentiment onto white cardstock. Trim and adhere to die-cut tag with foam dots. Adhere tag and vine border to card with foam dots, cutting dots in half for borders.
- 8. Cut two white ribbon lengths and thread through ends of tag. Secure ribbon with white twine. Accent die cuts with light purple pearls.
Think Lovely Thoughts
- 1. Make plum top-fold card.
- 2. Cut smaller white cardstock panel. Stamp Jet Black sentiment at center bottom. Adhere to card.
- 3. Stamp Large Fabric Design onto vellum using VersaMark ink. Heat emboss image with clear powder; let cool.
- 4. Repeat Step 3 to create two embossed butterflies on same sheet of vellum.
- 5. Spray embossed vellum with Dewberry mist; let dry. Buff embossed areas with paper towel to remove color.
- 6. Detail cut butterflies and adhere white pearl bodies; set aside.
- 7. Trim background to 3-1/2”x4-1/2”. Cut 4-1/4”x5-1/4” white cardstock panel. Mat vellum on cardstock. Wrap lavender ribbon around panels, adhering ends at back. Tie bow and adhere with clear dots. Adhere panel to card with foam dots.
- 8. Adhere rose and butterfly bodies to card with clear dots; bend wings up for dimension.
- 1. Classic Fabric Design is a “positive space” image and Large Fabric Design is a “negative space” image; ink is applied to the black areas shown in the line-art drawings.