On the Cutting Edge: Organization Station
- Art canvas board, 8”x10”
- Cork tile
- Cardstock: cream, light brown, sunflower yellow, olive green
- American Crafts Confetti Collection Lucy Lemon Twist Paper
- Assorted buttons and upholstery tacks
- Wide twill ribbon
- Hemp twine
- Office supplies: small self-adhesive note pad, paperclip, pen, thumbtacks
- Spellbinders Paper Arts Grand Calibur Embossing & Die-Cutting System, Tan Embossing Mat, and Dies: Nestabilities Labels Three and Big Scalloped Ovals (SM); Shapeabilities Sunflower Set 2; Eyelets Borderabilities Petite; Flowers Impressabilities
- Fiskars 45mm Rotary Cutter, Cutting Mat, and Acrylic Ruler
- Computer and printer
- Tsukineko Memento Ink Pads: Cantaloupe, Desert Sand, Rich Cocoa
- Tsukineko GooseBumps Clear Texture Spray
- .Too Marker Corp. COPIC Airbrush System and Sketch Markers: Olive (G99), Marine Green (YG99), Light Carmel (E55), Napoli Yellow (Y19)
- Adhesives: Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L 3-D Foam Squares, Beacon Adhesives Zip Dry Paper Glue, glue gun
scissors, ruler, pencil, newspapers, wire cutters, sponge daubers
- Cut Lemon Twist paper to fit and glue to art board; let dry.
- Cut 2-1/4”x8” yellow cardstock panel; emboss with flowers template. Sponge Cantaloupe ink over edges and embossed surface.
- Cut two 1-1/8”x5-1/2” cream cardstock strips. Die cut/emboss strips using eyelet border die and tan mat. Glue to back bottom edge of yellow strip, aligning ends at center and trimming excess.
- Use rotary cutter and ruler to cut a 2-1/2”x8” strip of cork tile. Glue to board with glue gun.
- Use wire cutters to snip shanks from five upholstery tacks; glue to board with glue gun.
- Tie twill ribbon into bow around board. Die cut light brown cardstock label; adhere note pad to center. Attach label to board, over ribbon, with foam squares. Add pen and paperclip to ribbon.
- Computer generate “Notes” onto cream cardstock; die cut into scalloped oval. Before removing die, airbrush outer edge Napoli Yellow. Remove die and adhere oval to board with foam squares.
- Die cut and emboss four yellow cardstock sunflowers. Sponge edges with dye inks. Shape petals with fingers. Layer flowers in pairs and glue centers.
- Tie twine through two small black buttons; glue to two just-larger black buttons with glue gun. Glue buttons to flowers. Glue a button to back of each flower; glue a thumbtack to back of each button.
- Remove top from GooseBumps spray and dab flower petals to create dew; let dry.
- Die cut and emboss olive cardstock leaf; airbrush using remaining markers. Glue button and tack to back of leaf.
- Create two more button tacks in same way as flower centers. Place flowers, leaf, and button tacks into cork tile to finish project. Adhere to desired surface with adhesive magnet or picture hanging strips.