Witch & Whimsy Canvas Art
- Gallery-wrapped artist canvases, 8”x8”, two
- Assorted paper scraps
- Chipboard alphabet/number stickers: white, black/white grid
- Assorted coordinating buttons
- BasicGrey Mellow Collection Black Designer Rub-ons
- Palette and paintbrushes: liner, 1/2” shader, sponge
- Acrylic paints: black, white, flesh, light lime green, yellow, light brown, orange, red, light purple, violet purple, turquoise, light blue
- Graphite transfer paper
- Wire mesh scrap
- Black fine-gauge craft wire
- Black screw eyes, four
- Adhesives: Plaid Mod Podge Découpage Medium, clear dots
paper trimmer, scissors, ruler, pencil, newspapers, paper towels
- For both canvases, paint side edges orange, overlapping front edge; let dry.
- Cut various paper strips and position randomly on canvases, leaving some canvas showing. Découpage paper to canvases; let dry.
- Paint exposed areas of each canvas light purple and light blue. Rub paint with finger for uneven finish. Paint over paper edges for blended look. Let dry.
- Print out patterns. Transfer patterns to canvases using graphite paper, leaving room for letter stickers on Flying Lessons canvas.
- Paint Broom Parking witch and broom as shown; let dry.
- Transfer hat and dress for Flying Lessons witch onto back of patterned papers; be sure to reverse pattern. Cut out pieces and découpage to canvas. Finish painting witch and broom as shown; let dry.
- Adhere chipboard letters and numbers to canvases. Hand paint “cents” signs. Use finger to dab Broom Parking letters/numbers and sides of canvas with black paint; let dry.
- Using mesh screen as a stencil, lightly brush black paint around edge of Flying Lessons canvas; let dry.
- Apply rub-ons to canvases as desired. Use clear dots to adhere buttons.
- Attach screw eyes to top corners of canvases. Cut and curl wire, wrapping it around a paintbrush handle and adding buttons as desired. Attach wire to screw eyes.
- 1. Use chipboard letters, buttons, and wire to add fun dimension to canvas projects.