Harvest Pumpkin Punch Needle
- DMC White Punch Needle Fabric
- DMC 6-strand Embroidery Floss: 156, 469, 470, 898, 920, 3012, 3047
- DMC: Color Variations Floss, 4124; Pearl Cotton 5, 946; Black Memory Thread (6020), 12” lengths, two
- National Nonwovens Black WoolFelt, 4-3/4”x7”
- Punch needle of choice, 3-strand, on low loop setting
- Punch needle threader
- DMC: Chenille Needle, #22; Embroidery Scissors
- Interlocking hoop frame, 7”
- Clear-drying water-based glue
scissors, foam brush, transfer paper
- Print out pattern. Transfer design onto center of fabric. Position fabric in hoop.
- Following pattern, punch needle design using three strands floss for all areas. Trim thread ends.
- With punch needle design still in hoop, apply thin layer of glue onto back side and let dry fully. Set aside.
- Transfer “Pumpkin” lettering onto Black felt 1/4” from bottom edge.
- Backstitch lettering with one strand of Pearl Cotton. Trim thread ends.
- Remove design from hoop; trim around design leaving 1/8” border on all sides.
- For hanger, twist two strands of Memory Thread together. Adhere ends onto each top edge on back of design. Let dry.
- Adhere punch needle design onto felt rectangle, 3/4” above backstitched lettering. Let dry.