Falling Leaves Patchwork Vase
- Glass container
- Polyform: Studio by Sculpey clay: Clover; Sculpey III: Pottery, Yellow, Red, Green, Gold
- Dark green felt, scrap
- Antique Gold pigment ink
- Polyform Sculpey Super Slicer
- Polyform Studio by Sculpey: Texture Sheets: Nature Walk, Swirls & Scrolls, Chantilly Lace; Shape Makers Leaf Set III: Maple Leaf
- Polyform Sculpey Glaze
- Acrylic brayer or clay-dedicated rolling pin
- Parchment-lined baking sheet
- Heavy-duty craft glue
scissors, water spray bottle, foam scrap or brush
- On clean work surface, condition clay and roll each color to 1/4” thickness. Use Nature Walk, Swirls & Scrolls, and Chantilly Lace texture sheets to texture each color of clay. Lightly spray clay with water and press texture sheet on clay. Carefully remove texture sheet. Wipe excess water from clay.
- Cut pieces of textured clay in Clover, Pottery, Yellow, Red, Green, and Gold in random pattern creating large and small sizes to cover container.
- Use tacky glue to glue clay pieces onto sides of glass container. Carefully line up edges of clay pieces, using fingers to blending edges together.
- Cut maple leaves using Shape Makers Leaf set from Green and Pottery clays. Glue maple leaves onto each side of clay-covered container. For vein lines, roll skinny Green snakes and press along leaf shapes.
- For bottom, turn container upside down and roll skinny Green clay snake. Press snake along bottom edges of container.
- Position container on parchment-lined baking sheet. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to bake container in oven. Let cool completely.
- Roll additional skinny Green snake for top edge of container. Press snake along top edges of container and return to oven to bake following manufacturer’s instructions. Let cool completely.
- Lightly rub Antique Gold pigment on edges of leaves, creating antiqued look.
- Trace bottom of container on green felt scrap. Cut out shape and glue felt onto bottom of container.