Burlap Utensil Holders
- Burlap, 1/4 yd.
- Orange or brown cotton fabric, 1/8 yd.
- National Nonwovens WoolFelt: Pea Soup, Dark Brown, Honey Biscuit
- Dark brown embroidery floss
- Decorative trim, 12”
- Artificial silk flowers, in autumn colors
- Artificial orange berry stems
- Rhinestone brads
- Green wire, 20-gauge: 6” length
- Ellison Sizzix® BigShot® Die Cutting Machine and Dies: Bigz Acorn with Leaves
- Wire cutters
- Rubber alphabet stamps, 1/2”
- Jacquard Products Lumiere Paints: Citrine, Metallic Gold
- Tulip® Fashion Glitter™: Green Fine Jewel
- Black inkpad
- Sewing machine and thread
- Embroidery needle
- Aleene’s®: Liquid Fusion®, Fabric Fusion®
- The Warm™ Co. Lite Steam-A-Seam®
straight pins, scissors, iron and pressing surface, paintbrush, paper plate, hand drill
- Measure and cut 6”x9” burlap rectangle and 5”x9” fabric rectangle for each pouch. Fold burlap rectangle to 2-1/2”-width; press.
- Pin raw edges of fabric strip along top edge of burlap. Sew together with 1/2” seams. Fold strip; press.
- Cut 5-1/2”x6” Pea Soup or Honey Biscuit felt rectangle. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to fuse Steam-a-Seam webbing onto back of rectangle. Repeat process for 1”x3” Dark Brown felt rectangle. Die cut leaves and stem from fused felt.
- Follow manufacturer’s instructions to fuse leaves and stems onto center of bags, 3/4” from bottom edge.
- Thread embroidery needle with three strands of dark brown floss. Blanket stitch edges of leaves and backstitch stems in center.
- Fold pouch in half with right sides together. Sew open side and bottom edges with 1/2” seams. Turn pouch right side out. With side seam at center, carefully press seams. Cut 10” length of decorative trim and glue onto seam between fabric band and burlap using fabric glue.
- On covered work surface, paint wooden ovals Citrine Green or Metallic Gold. When dry, apply tacky glue on edges of ovals and dip edges into Green Fine Jewel glitter. When dry, use alphabet stamps and black inkpad to stamp autumn sentiments on center of ovals. Use hand drill to drill hole on one edge of oval.
- Insert brad into oval. Glue brad and oval onto pouch using tacky glue. Apply glue on end of berry stem and tuck stem under brad and oval. When dry, cut 8” wire length and insert ends on either side of pouch. Bend ends on inside to secure hanger.