- Dow STYROFOAM Brand Foam Balls, one each: 4”, 3”, 2-1/2”, 2”, 1-1/2”
- Wooden candlestick and finial
- Old book pages, two
- Light green cardstock, two 2”x8” strips
- Tissue paper, four sheets
- Black feather trim, 8” length
- Ivory crocheted flowers, two 2-1/2”
- White mini ball fringe trim, 4” length
- Light green crackled beads, 6mm: 11
- Black faceted beads, 6mm: 11
- Wire, 24-gauge: two 4” lengths
- Adhesive-backed rhinestones: six 4mm purple, one 6mm gold
- Ranger Tim Holtz Idea-ology Memo Pin: Nickel Finish
- Making Memories Halloween Clears Shapes: large Bat
- Paintbrushes: 1” wash, #6 flat, #2 round
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Lamp Black, Antique Gold, Hauser Light Green, Hauser Medium Green, Georgia Clay, Cadmium Orange, Tangelo Orange, Canyon Orange, Jack-O-Lantern Orange
- DecoArt Americana: Weathered Wood, Spray Sealer Matte
- Sharpie Fine Point Permanent Marker: Black
- Ranger Inkssentials Wonder Tape, 1/8”-wide
- Ranger Claudine Hellmuth Studio by Ranger: Multi-Medium Matte
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
scissors, ruler, pencil, paper plate for palette, paper towels, container of water, wire cutters, needle-nose pliers, clothespin, wooden skewers (5), 2” circle of scrap chipboard, graphite transfer paper, serrated knife
- Use knife to cut small piece from 4” ball creating flat base. Insert skewer into each ball creating “handles.” Tear pieces of tissue paper and adhere on each ball using Multi-Medium Matte and 1” wash brush; let dry. Tear pieces of book paper and adhere onto center section of candlestick using Multi-Medium Matte and 1” wash brush; let dry.
- On covered work surface, basecoat candlestick Lamp Black, Antique Gold, and Hauser Light Green using #6 flat brush. See photo. Dip end of paintbrush into Hauser Medium Green to create dot pattern around base of candlestick. Basecoat finial Hauser Light and Medium Green using #6 flat brush. See photo. Dip end of paintbrush into Antique Gold to create dot pattern around center of finial. Using #6 flat brush and Cadmium Orange, paint four diamonds around center of candlestick.
- Basecoat each ball Lamp Black using 1” wash brush; let dry. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to apply Weathered Wood Medium onto each ball using 1” wash brush. Let set for at least one hour.
- Paint balls with one coat using 1” wash brush as follows: 4” Georgia Clay, 3” Canyon Orange, 2-1/2” Cadmium Orange, 2” Jack-O-Lantern Orange, 1-1/2” Tangelo Orange. Set aside to crackle and dry.
- Print out patterns. Transfer features onto each ball with pencil and graphite transfer paper. Paint features Antique Gold using #2 round brush. Fill in feature details using Sharpie marker.
- Measure and cut two 2”x8” light green cardstock strips. Accordion-fold both strips. Apply Inkssentials Wonder Tape onto one end of each strip, connect together to create one strip, and then connect ends to create circle. Pour small pool of glue on 2” chipboard scrap circle. Gather folded circle with fingers and push down gently in center creating rosette. Position rosette in glue and weigh down with bottle of tacky glue until set.
- Glue white ball fringe trim onto bottom of finial. Glue ends of black feather trim together (to create a circle) and secure with clothespin until set. Cut two 4” lengths of 24-gauge wire using wire cutters. Bend one end of each wire into 90° angle using needle-nose pliers. Thread 11 black beads on first wire, twist both ends, and squeeze with pliers to secure. Thread 11 light green beads on second wire, twist both ends, and squeeze with pliers to secure.
- Glue green rosette onto top of candlestick. Remove wooden skewer “handles” from each ball. Insert one wooden skewer through 4” ball, leaving end of skewer sticking out of top. Apply glue around top of 4” foam ball, position feather trim in glue, and insert 3” ball onto skewer. Apply glue onto top of 3” foam ball, thread on two crocheted flowers, apply more glue, and insert 2-1/2” ball onto skewer. Insert end of second wooden skewer next to first skewer into top of 2-1/2” ball, leaving approximately 3-1/2” sticking out of top. Apply glue around top of 2-1/2” ball, position light green beaded ring on top, and insert 2” ball onto skewer. Apply glue around top of 2” ball, position black beaded-ring on top, and insert 1-1/2” ball onto skewer. Trim excess skewer with scissors. Glue finial onto top of 1-1/2” ball. Glue flat base of 4” ball onto top of rosette. Let dry.
- Glue four purple rhinestones on each diamond intersection around candlesticks and two rhinestones on bat (for eyes). Glue one gold rhinestone onto top of finial. Using photo as guide and working from top to bottom, accent the following areas with Diamond Stickles: band on finial, outline of features on all five jack-o’-lantern faces, band and dots on candlestick. Insert bottom of bat into Memo Pin and push into 1-1/2” ball at angle.
- 1. A heavy coat of paint over Weathered Wood Medium will result in large cracks while thin coat will result in very fine cracks. Experiment on cardboard scrap to obtain the exact look you prefer. Create your own transfer paper by rubbing edge of your pencil on back of image you want to transfer.