100% American T-shirt Card
- Cardstock or construction paper: red, white, bright blue, light blue
- Silver paper fastener
- String, 10” length
- Mini wooden clothespins, two
- Flat-backed clear rhinestone, 5/16”
- Craft foam, 1/2”x4” strip
- Hole punch, 1/8”
- Star punch, 1”
- Cloud decorative-edge scissors
- Paper glue
scissors, ruler, pencil, fine-tip black marker
- Cut 7”x10” white paper rectangle. Fold rectangle in half creating 5”x7” card.
- Cut 4-1/2”x6-1/2” light blue paper rectangle. Trim edges with cloud decorative-edge scissors. Use black marker to draw outline around edges. Glue light blue rectangle on center of card front.
- Print out patterns. Cut top of shirt from bright blue paper and bottom of shirt from red paper. Cut three 3/8”x2-1/2” white paper strips. Glue white strips vertically across bottom of shirt, leaving red area between, creating stripes. Trim ends of white strips even with top and bottom edges of shirt. Glue top of shirt onto bottom, overlapping edges.
- Use black marker to draw outline around and stitching lines on bottom of shirt, neck details, and stitching lines on bottom of sleeves.
- Punch star from white paper and glue on center top of shirt. Glue rhinestone on center of star.
- Cut 1”x2-1/4” bright blue paper rectangle. Trim one edge into point, creating tag shape. Use black marker to write “100% AMERICAN” and draw outline around tag. Punch hole on pointed end of tag and bottom right side of shirt. Insert prongs of paper fastener through holes in tag and shirt; bend ends on back.
- Punch two holes, 1” down from top edge and 3/8” apart, on left side of card. Punch hole, 1/2” from top edge, on right side of card. Insert one end of string through holes on left side; tie knot close to end on front of card. Insert remaining end of string through hole on right side; wrap around edge and tie into knot, keeping string loose.
- Attach mini clothespins onto string and on either side of shirt.
- Cut seven 1/2” craft foam squares. Glue squares onto back of shirt and tag. Glue squares onto card front, angling shirt on card. (Note: Foam squares will raise shirt off card front, creating three-dimensional look.)
- Use black marker to add details lines around shirt for wind.